FS 835 Locotender

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paolo

Reaction score
Dear Members
Long time since my last post!!! Now I'm quite retired so I have started a really challenge project following Kozo Iraoka and admiring kwom project! I would like to build a FS835 1/12 scale; It is a locomotive of my childhood remembering!!! I had to modify my mill on CNC and do a trial for start to using this nice technique...I had to find the original drawings of the loco . It was quite simple I found all in the historical office of FFSS ( Ferrovie dello Stato- State railway) in Florence! Have a look to my steel "hot" Main well.

DSC03089.jpg

DSC03088.jpg

Best regards

Very, very nice. I love Bar stock wheels.

Ron

Thanks Ron...
Here the second....a Slave well...!!!
All togheter...
DSC03090.jpg

Back with a little mistake..... :'(
DSC03091.jpg

Front
DSC03092.jpg

That looks Awesome Paolo!

What's this about a mill modification?....and tell us how you got a hold of the plans!

;D

Dave

Hello Dave....how are You?
I modified my mill, about a Year ago, for using it under CNC; I posted here the beginning works on machine modification section . I know the purist don't like CNC but now it is more precise and fast than expected. At moment I'm waiting for a couple of ball bearings for completing another modification. I'm on the way to change the brush motor of my Bf20 with a servomotor droving the mandrel by a pulley and belt...If you are interested I'll post more on the foregoing section!
The plans are a separate chapter :big:!! I found the plans, as described, by our railway department and i worked on it using AutoCAD so I'm able to obtain the scaled droving starting from a pdf document. Working on it using a licensed BobCad program I obtain the 'G' codes and Mach3 Is a program used by Me for handling the mill...I had to do a long study session and until now I'm not so experienced...! All the process started on September 2011...!
Best regards

Hey Paolo!
I'm Well Thankyou! :bow: I see you are also!

Congratulations on your retirement! Enjoy it for many years in good health!
Please tell us all about your project and your mill! You know you are welcome to do both here!
I am keenly interested in the history of the loco!....I like the history part! ;D

Dave

Ok Dave....
Thanks a lot Dave for your greeting! At moment I'm quite well...may back sometimes doesen't help me...but I'm surviving!!! :bow:
I'll tell you...some years ago, as we well known, the train where pulled by Locos. My family owned a country house, today it is mine, and reaching the village was possible only by train. I was attracted from those big ones locos!!! Many times conductors let me going up into the cabin, due to my young age, and I was impressed by the instrument and the intense warm… so it was!! After I changed my mind ..I looked high very high and I discovered another fascinating machine...The warplane!!! I love it until now!!
The last one....
Front
DSC03095.jpg

Back
DSC03096.jpg

All together
DSC03094.jpg

The mill modification is on the right section...!
Best regards

Latest posts

Back