Forum Index of Past Threads/Subjects?

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BronxFigs

Reaction score
I am new to this forum, and enjoy reading threads that were posted before I joined.

The "Search" option is very narrow in scope, and unless you search for a specific topic, the search is not useful. Besides, how do I know/would I know, what topics were posted in the past.

Is there a general index of all past topics, thread titles, subjects, etc, that can be viewed, and then clicked on for reading? I have no idea what is on this forum, besides those designated categories listed on the first page...for example: "Down Loads"..."Engines"...etc

I have found some very interesting postings/threads purely by chance, but found them outside this forum when doing an unrelated search.

There's gotta be a better way....

Frank

I just use google, ie:

HMEM aaaaa bbb

Turns up most things I have searched for

Dave

If you do prefer to use google, include the term site:homemodelenginemachinist.com
This limits the search to the specified domain only and not globally.(Except for the ads)
It will work a lot better than the HMEM search term.

Example result for Pressure Testing site:homemodelenginemachinist.com:
https://www.google.com.au/#sclient=...08,d.dGI&fp=25783b8a35478073&biw=1333&bih=645

By comparison, a search for HMEM Pressure Testing returned zero hits of any relevance.

Last edited:
Sorry forum members....I was not clear in my original questions.

Is it possible to browse through past, thread titles, subjects etc. I don't want to do a "search" because I don't know what subjects have been covered. I want to read through an index/listing of threads, if it exists.

Frank

Frank,
Click on the "Home" button just below the picture of the engine of the month. This takes you to a page with all of the major categories. Then you can pick a sub-category to browse. My favorite is to pick "The Tools and Tips" Category and then pick "Tips and Tricks". This shows all of the threads with tips that have been contributed. I like to right click them and open them in a separate window to read. That way I can just close the window and not lose my place on the original list of threads.

Hope this helps

Pat W

Pat W...

Right after joining the forum, that was one of the first things that I started to do...read all old threads. Is this the only way to do this? On most forums, they list page numbers at the bottom from current threads all the way back to beginning threads. Then you can just click on the page you want to read and see everything that was posted on that particular page, whatever it was. I thought I missed an option. Apparently not.

I'll just do as you suggest. Thanks.

Frank

Not sure I understand. Can you post a screen capture of the other forum as an example of what you mean?

This forum has the same basic layout to every other forum I have ever frequented.

Latest posts

Back