For tiny screws

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kvom

HMEM Supporting Member
Reaction score
Recently the battery in my trusty Palm Zire 71 went bad after 4 years. To replace it you need to unscrew the tiny T5 torx screws that attach the cover. The smallest bit in my regular torx set is T8, and the smallest I could find in a local hardware store is T7. I was about to order a bit from Grainger when I happened to see this "teeny turner" screwdriver I bought at Lowes last Christmas. Sure enough it had both a T5 and a T6 bit.

I think these were selling for a dollar or so as a stocking stuffer. Might be useful if you need something similar:

large.jpg

Oh I do so enjoy finding the right tool for the right job in something so generic. The price was certainly within the budget. Why is it that we can never think of the million and one uses for such items at the time of purchase? Most of those sorts of gifts find their way into a drawer and quite often get forgotten about until 5:30PM on a Sunday evening when you are right in the middle of something and want to get it finished. :big:

BC1

:big: I bought a couple of those from Fry's Electronics last fall !! Nice little compact screwdriver set, easy to toss into the backpack or wherever ! Think I even got one thru airport security :)

My problem is that I will buy something like this and put it up so that I will not lose it.

Then when it's needed I can't find it and go buy another

You find the first before you can get the new one out of the package

Latest posts

Back