Flat plane crank firing order

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DiegoVV

Reaction score
Hi dear friends!!

I am going to start thebuilding of a Schillings V8 engine (with some of my own mods).

It will be a flat plane crank (I love the high pitch sound of italian engines). I want to replicate the firing order of Ferrari´s V8 engines, but for my big surprise, I was not able to find it on internet.

Does anyone have this info?

Thank you in advance!!

Thank you very much Steve!!!

It´s a honour to find help from people with your experience.

I assume that you are numbering the cilynders this way... Am I right?

order.png

you might like this also

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-s5bSQIQQsY[/ame]

ferrarie.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you everyone for your kind help.

The pic of the firing plate that Stevehuckss have posted is precisely the one that I was searching for.....now it comes the hard work designing the camshafts (I know for some of you this is a no-brain task, but I suspect that I´ll need lots of paper and pencil hehehe).

Having said that....Do you have a straightforward method for this? I am really worried about calculating, machining and discovering that the camshafts are not correctly designed.

Best regards!!

Thak you Steve and George!!

Gerorge...Once I finish the design, I´ll post it so you can take a look and correct the mistakes!

Steve...I didn´t knew this method for machining the lobes. It seems to produce smoother profiles than the milling method...I like it! (although it looks less intuitive). I´ll study it carefully.

BR

Thak you Steve and George!!

Gerorge...Once I finish the design, I´ll post it so you can take a look and correct the mistakes!

Steve...I didn´t knew this method for machining the lobes. It seems to produce smoother profiles than the milling method...I like it! (although it looks less intuitive). I´ll study it carefully.

BR
Hi Diego,
did you watch the video about Ferrari and Corvette engine that I posted
think you will like it

Absolutely Canadianhorsepower, I love it!! It explains in a simple way the most common questions about both types.

That's exactly why I want to make my v8 with a flat plane crank.

Absolutely Canadianhorsepower, I love it!! It explains in a simple way the most common questions about both types.

That's exactly why I want to make my v8 with a flat plane crank.

How did you get your Shelling plans :confused:

Ive been trying but no sucess:wall::wall:

Hehe, It was a challenge also for me getting those plans!!

I ordered them from vht.de online shop. It was not easy cause the entire webpage is in german, but thanks to google translator I was able to post the order.

Communication with vth staff is an impossible mission (they just doesn't reply any of my e-mails), but 10 days after, I received in my home the plans.

Regarding the quality of the plans I have to say that I expected more detailed information. They are a good starting point for developing your own version since they have only the basic information and the rest....well, it's up to the builder. I calculate that 50% of the design is open.

Latest posts

Back