First time

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tribbil

Reaction score
Evening all.

My name is Mark from Manchester UK with a question about gearing ratios, I have a scratch built CNC router small lathe pillar drill & band saw, strangely I do all my work in the back bedroom of our apartment but at least its warm in the winter, and for those from warmer climates cooler in the summer. I’ve been building my CNC since about 07, I think, starting with basics and progressing in a downward direction ever since, its only for PCB’s and engraving so my needs are minimal, size wise that is and the product so far has been great. I would like to be able to use its for some engineering adventures but its time for an upgrade now and that where the problems start, so I thought I might share them with the good folks in here
Looks like the place to get answers

Mark

Hi and welcome to the forum Mark!

Not sure about an answer to your question though i am sure someone will chip in!

How about telling us a bit about yourself in your intro post?
What are you interested in making, type of work you do etc...

Then post your question in the relevant forum.
You will get a much better response that way.

Andrew

Mark,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Best Regards
Bob (A former "Bellvue Aces" Fan)

Hi Mark,

Welcome to the forum!
You said you had a gear ratio question?

Dave

Welcome to the forum Mark wEc1
Bill in SE Idaho

Hi Mark,

I was in Manchester twice on Tuesday, what part do you hail from? I come from the Manchester side of Crewe.

When we are a little more settled at our house, we sometimes have a few other members calling over for a chinwag and gumbeating session.

If you need any manual machining help, don't be afraid to ask, you can usually bring it over and take it away with you the same day.

John

Latest posts

Back