First steam engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pertsa

Reaction score
Hello everybody!

I found this great site, and I show pictures of my first steam engine.
It is made by Michel Niggel plans, from John-Tom pages (http://www.john-tom.com/html/SteamPlans.html)
Now I am working on easier stirling engine project. It is also from John-Tom pages. Solidwork plan, page2.
Needed information to good displacer material.

kone1.jpg

kone1.jpg

stirling.jpg

Welcome to the forum Pertsa.
Very nice engine. Looking forward to your Stirling build.
Tell us a little about yourself!

Hi pertsa, and welcome to our forum.

Your models display excellent workmanship! :bow:

Thanks for sharing your work.

-MB

Thank you!
I am cnc machiner from Finland. I am working on machining center and robodrill, excellent to my hobbies :)
Steam boiler is maybe my next project, alpha stirling engine is also on my mind. I am searching good plans to these..

Hi Pertsa

I too think it's a very nicely build engine.

Thankyou for showing

Pertsa,

Lovely engine. :bow:

Welcome to our forum.
icon_welcome.gif

Best Regards
Bob

Pertsa, a most impressive display...

:bow:

Would you consider posting a log for your Stirling build?

Welcome from me too...

take care,
tom

Big time shiny and looking good, better get some shades if you're going to look at this little puffer for long!!! 8).

Welcome and nicely done Pertsa. As to the displacer material, have you considered the foam board used often in housing construction? Not easy to machine but can be mounted on the lathe and "ground" with something like a Dremel tool with cylindrical sanding tip on it.

Bill

Thank you all!

Would you consider posting a log for your Stirling build?

It is almost done, but I can take some pictures when finish this model.
When I start next, probably bigger project, I can post log with building photos.
This website gives to me many new ideas to next engine! Lets see.

Welcome and nicely done Pertsa. As to the displacer material, have you considered the foam board used often in housing construction? Not easy to machine but can be mounted on the lathe and "ground" with something like a Dremel tool with cylindrical sanding tip on it.

Thank you, I try something like this!

Pertsa said:
Hello everybody!

I found this great site, and I show pictures of my first steam engine.
It is made by Michel Niggel plans, from John-Tom pages (http://www.john-tom.com/html/SteamPlans.html)
Now I am working on easier stirling engine project. It is also from John-Tom pages. Solidwork plan, page2.
Needed information to good displacer material.

kone1.jpg

kone1.jpg

stirling.jpg
wow that looks cool....great work

Shiny, I like shiny.
Mainly because I'm too lazy to do it.
If thats your first build, you've done a great jon.
Welcome to the forum.

Excellent work. I've seen the LTD stirlings built using an expanded polystyrene displacer. It won't necessarily be easy to get it to run as the pressure difference in those engines is tiny. But having seen your workmanship I don't think you'll have a problem.

Well done

Nick

Latest posts

Back