Finger chucks?

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdsackett

Reaction score
Does anyone have one of these guys or used one. Looks pretty good for small holes. Looking for the good, bad, ugly?? Thanks fellas. Regards, j.d.

I assume you are talking about
520.png

The micro chuck yes I use one I like it works great for small hole dia.

Yep, those are the ones. thanks for the info Doc, appreciated. Regards, j.d.

I have used one of these chucks since the mid 60's and have had very good luck with them. The smallest drill I have used is .009".

If you are building small gas engines, they work very good when making carburetors. I use mine in the mill and lathe.

I would recommend the Albrecht chuck. It costs a little more but is worth the extra cost.

I have one of these as well. A must use item for small holes as far as I'm concerned. Dave

I have one with an Albrecht chuck on a Royal adapter.

I do not like the Royal adapter. The adapter is assembled with a pin pressed into one side of the shank and then the pin is ground down below the surface. It can not be disassembled. The spring is a little bit too stiff for my liking on very small drills and there is a slight catch in the action just before the full extension is reached. If it could be disassembled it would be easy enough to take care of.

I have used a different adapter in the past that worked very well and could be disassembled to alter to personal preferences but I don't know who made it. Unfortunately it was not mine.

Still, I would not be without the one I have and it works well enough for 0.018 venturi holes that I have been drilling.
Gail in NM

Thanks fellas. Looks like one is going on my shopping list. Regards, j.d.

Back