farm boy build question

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

texta

Reaction score
just wonder if anyone has a picture of what they did re the speed adjust screw on the farm boy catch lever . i cant seem to get my head around exactly what should be there . seems to me that if i get a spring to fit the hole and a small bolt to screw in from the outside that the screw will go through the spring rather than apply pressure to it . or what size spring have most builders used in this part .

thanks in advance .
johno

No, what you need here is a spring from under the flint in a disposable "Bic" lighter. Look around, there everywhere. This spring is small enough to fit but the bore of the spring is too small for the adjustment screw to pass. This is the one everyone is using.

Just wondering what serial # are you building. I made the first one done, SN#3.

Jim

thanks very much jim , i have been pulling switch's and all kinds of stuff appart trying to find a spring the right size and i never thought of a lighter , thanks again .
oh and the one i am building is SN 439 .

johno

I bought the plans at NAMES in 2013 after I saw engine #3. We talked for a long time there. I obviously was impressed by your engine. I'm building #341 now. We spoke of the lovely decal you made for the hopper. Is there a chance you have any for sale? TJ

Back