Emco Unimat 3 Christmas Came Early

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello, I have visited this site many times in the past, so I thought I would register today to share this:-

I was trawling Ebay a few weeks ago (I'm a very boring person and often search a couple of thousand listings in one go) and came across a Unimat 3 Lathe. It's complete with all the accessories and a very comprehensive box of tools.

It was listed very poorly, and in the wrong category-books. There was no mention of lathe or Unimat anywhere in the auction.

Anyway, I was walking round Tesco at the time of the auction's end, so I put a bid in with my phone. Start price was .99p and I won it for £22.15 !!
I thought the seller would back out, but he had bought it as part of a large house clearance and just wanted shut. So a 200 mile round trip and it was mine.

It is in excellent, almost new condition (I would of paid £22 just for the empty wooden box and would not have pressed the seller to honour the auction if he was in any way disappointed).

However, the day after collecting it, I had an appointment to scan my heart and all is not well...

I think I am looking at bypass surgery, so my first model engine project (probably a smallish model marine diesel engine) since the 1970s will be on hold.
So there are still bargains to be had out there, Happy Christmas regards, Donald. :D

Hi Donald,

It's really a very good machine and I am sure you will enjoy it a lot (regardless of the really cheap price - I have paid more only for 2 sets of belts).
I wish you a happy new year and I trust all will be fine with your health.
Best wishes from Greece,

George

Well done Donald. A new machine and a new ticker.
You won't believe the difference the surgery will make. A new lease of life.
Don't forget to post the photos.

Jim

Latest posts

Back