• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeModelEngineMachinist and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Emco Emcomat 8.6 lathe For Sale UK

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jasonb

Project of the Month Winner!!!
Project of the Month Winner
Reaction score
Due to needing a larger capacity machine I have my Emco Emcomat 8.6 up for sale. The lathe was bought about 20yrs ago from the then importers as an ex demo machine and has had light hobby use since then, a couple of stationary engines, One Hit & miss, Minnie TE and part of my Current Fowler TE. See here & here for what has been done on it

The general spec is as follows:
Distance between cts 600mm
Ctr height 105mm
Max dia over cross slide 118mm
MT3 head spindle
MT2 Tailstock
8 speed geared head 65-130-265-350-530-700-1400-2800rpm
Threadcutting possible with change gears that may still be available from Pro machine tools

More details can be found on Lathes.co.uk

emco1.jpg

emco2.jpg

Comes with
- original makers stand with cupboard under headstock and additional storage below swarf tray
- 100mm Emco3 jaw chuck (one set jaws only) & key
- 150mm Emco 4jaw chuck & Key
- Face plate
- Emco MT2 live ctr
- MT3 dead ctr
- 1/2" MT2 Jacobs chuck & key
- Fixed steady
- User manual

emco3.jpg

At 78kg the lathe will fit into the back of a hatch or estate though I may be able to deliver if not too far away or could put it on a pallet for collection.

This lathe is built to a much higher standard than the far eastern imports, the nearest equivalent is the current Emco Compact 8 which has a shorter bed and is belt change, one of these with similar accesories would set you back about £1800, I'm looking for £650 ono. Location is a couple of miles inside junction 6 of M25, pm if you are interested, can be seen running.

Jason

hi man i might be interested but only i live in Australia and i don't now how much post will be so if you could find out the would be great :big: :big:

If you are serious then PM me your address and I will get a quote.

Jason

i live in lindenow, victoria and a quote woulkd be great ;D ;D :big:

Hello,
Probably it is not actual yet, hm ? Or is the lathe still for sale ?

You are about 4 years and 10months too late. Its went long ago

Latest posts

Back