Elmer's Standby Summer Project

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheepo45

Reaction score
After talking with Tin Falcon at the Rough and Tumble museum this spring, I decided to take a break from my Farm Boy build and build a steam engine. Here are some pics. It runs great!

DSCN1117.JPG

DSCN1114.JPG

DSCN1113.JPG

Interesting looking little engine!
Don't remember seeing this type before, looks really simple to build.
Are there prints available somewhere?

Very nice looking build,
George

Thanks for the compliment. I chose this for the simplicity,so I had a chance of completing it! The plans are downloadable on www.john-tom.com.
cheepo45

hey cheepo how are you doing on your farmboy, is it the one by jerry howell? i finished mine but do not have it running got real busy but now i have more time so i hope to get it running real soon, then i will post a video i hope. jonesie

The Farm Boy is from Jerry Howell. Progress is slow but steady. I have the oilers and some of the governor parts done. I am still in the process of getting the larger pieces of material together. I hope to make more progress this winter, but I am hearing rumors of massive overtime at work this fall, so we will see. I purchased the plans after pricing some casting kits-I figured I could buy a lot of material for $500.00! I also really liked the looks of the finished engine. Let us know when you get yours running. (pics?)
Cheepo 45

Well cheepo after seeing your engine I needed to build my own.

DSC02016.jpg

DSC02015.jpg

DSC02014.jpg

DSC02013.jpg

Next I think the Scotty

Dave

Say Dave, I really like the way the supply tube got incorporated into the base, nice touch Thm: Seems to run a good nick as well.

BC1
Jim

Latest posts

Back