Elmer Wall Inline four cylinder plans

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would be interested in a copy also.

Ron
I had a set printed for you as well. Copying, postage and packing come to $22.50 Also, as I did for Scotty, I am including 2 additional sheets, one of which covers the electrics for the ignition system, and the other is a sheet with all the drawings of the carb that fits this engine. This is an original Wall drawing from his days in Chicago in the 1930's. The ignition electrics part is a sheet from Cole's.

They plans will cost $22.50. That covers copying, postage and packing, etc.
Also, I found 2 additional sheets I will include. One covers the electrics for the ignition system. The other has all the drawings for the carburetor.
Let me know if you are still interested.
Kind regards;
Bill
Bill, If I understand you correctly, not only do you have complete plans but also schematic for the ignition and carburetor drawings? And you can copy and ship all the above mentioned paperwork to me for $22.50? Well that's a no brainer! Hell yeah! You can PayPal invoice me for the money at: [email protected] OR provide me with alternative options via the same email address. OR you can tell me how you want to proceed.
Scotty68

Bill, If I understand you correctly, not only do you have complete plans but also schematic for the ignition and carburetor drawings? And you can copy and ship all the above mentioned paperwork to me for $22.50? Well that's a no brainer! Hell yeah! You can PayPal invoice me for the money at: [email protected] OR provide me with alternative options via the same email address. OR you can tell me how you want to proceed.
Scotty68

Well, I will poke around on Paypal, and see what their charges would be. I would have to add that on for Paypal orders, because they not only charge a fee for the purchase, they also charge a fee for part of the shipping cost, in which they have ZERO participation. They don't pack, they don't expedite, they don't pick up, they don't have any part of me shipping, they just charge me for actually sending the product. If you don't object to the Paypal charges, then we can use Paypal. Otherwise, you can just send me a money order, or send it as a personal payment on Paypal. I think those are free.

Well, I will poke around on Paypal, and see what their charges would be. I would have to add that on for Paypal orders, because they not only charge a fee for the purchase, they also charge a fee for part of the shipping cost, in which they have ZERO participation. They don't pack, they don't expedite, they don't pick up, they don't have any part of me shipping, they just charge me for actually sending the product. If you don't object to the Paypal charges, then we can use Paypal. Otherwise, you can just send me a money order, or send it as a personal payment on Paypal. I think those are free.

sent pm

Bill, I just sent payment via PayPal before I read this latest post by you. I sent the payment as payment for goods and services which means you will incur fees. if I owe you additional money because of this please let me know. (PayPal fees are 3%)
Scotty68

Scotty68, While you get your plans here are some plans from Westbury Sealion build, this is an awesome engine, bit different from the Wall 50 but this should give you enough materials to get you started..
ET Westbury was great on machining model engines and providing very clever ideas on how to do things with the materials they had and the lack of sophisticated equipment or measuring tools..

I will check once I'm able to get back home ( hopefully) for the rods and some other pieces I have at home.
Check this link and download the file..

https://www.model-engineer.co.uk/sites/7/documents/etw-sealion-pt1.pdf

Scotty68, While you get your plans here are some plans from Westbury Sealion build, this is an awesome engine, bit different from the Wall 50 but this should give you enough materials to get you started..
ET Westbury was great on machining model engines and providing very clever ideas on how to do things with the materials they had and the lack of sophisticated equipment or measuring tools..

I will check once I'm able to get back home ( hopefully) for the rods and some other pieces I have at home.
Check this link and download the file..

https://www.model-engineer.co.uk/sites/7/documents/etw-sealion-pt1.pdf
Very cool, every little bit helps.
Scotty68

There was a publication in 1954 called "Model Craft Handbook"
It was a special booklet published be Science and Mechanics , a magazine much like Popular mechanics, but they went out of business later in the decade I believe.
Anyway, the book has a full article on building the Wall 4 cylinder engine.
The article was titled 'Mighty-Mite 4 cylinder Racing Engine"
The author Joel Long , tells the builder to buy the castings from Wall in Chicago.
There is also a reference to buy
Craft Print Project No 177
So the Wall prints were reproduced by the publication.
The Article has all the drawings published as well and shows the steps in machining the castings . The carburetor is shown, but no electrical is covered other than to use a # 3 plug.

Rich

Edit- found a copy on eBay so you can see the cover
Looks like this issue is in a South American Country ?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Revista-Mo...=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
Edit # 2
No, it says Florida

Last edited:
There was a publication in 1954 called "Model Craft Handbook"
It was a special booklet published be Science and Mechanics , a magazine much like Popular mechanics, but they went out of business later in the decade I believe.
Anyway, the book has a full article on building the Wall 4 cylinder engine.
The article was titled 'Mighty-Mite 4 cylinder Racing Engine"
The author Joel Long , tells the builder to buy the castings from Wall in Chicago.
There is also a reference to buy
Craft Print Project No 177
So the Wall prints were reproduced by the publication.
The Article has all the drawings published as well and shows the steps in machining the castings . The carburetor is shown, but no electrical is covered other than to use a # 3 plug.

Rich

Edit- found a copy on eBay so you can see the cover
Looks like this issue is in a South American Country ?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Revista-Mo...=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
Rich,
There's a guy on eBay selling PDF copies of a similar if not identical article. I've already bought that one. I just wasn't sure if it was complete or not.
Scotty68

Bill, I just sent payment via PayPal before I read this latest post by you. I sent the payment as payment for goods and services which means you will incur fees. if I owe you additional money because of this please let me know. (PayPal fees are 3%)
Scotty68
Scotty, don't worry about it. Let me know when you get the plans. Also, open the envelope very carefully, so you don't cut into the plans.

Have you given any thought to converting them to PDF format?
Ron

I had a set printed for you as well. Copying, postage and packing come to $22.50 Also, as I did for Scotty, I am including 2 additional sheets, one of which covers the electrics for the ignition system, and the other is a sheet with all the drawings of the carb that fits this engine. This is an original Wall drawing from his days in Chicago in the 1930's. The ignition electrics part is a sheet from Cole's.
Any chance of getting a copy of the plans set also. Dave @ the following email. [email protected]

I am glad to hear that! I wish I could find more and different Wall plans.
I acquired my "Wall" kit from an estate sale locally. At the same sale I also picked up a single cylinder "Water Witch" four stroke (also a Wall) for which plans and diagrams were present. That engine was mostly complete and finished minus ignition and a couple of other small details. As payback for years of being a good friend, I gifted that engine and everything that went with it to a buddy of mine. I figured if anyone could get it running he could. This taking place only a couple of weeks ago, I am positive that not only does he still possess said plans but would have NO problem allowing me to make copies. IF you would like a set, I could make that happen.
Scotty68

I acquired my "Wall" kit from an estate sale locally. At the same sale I also picked up a single cylinder "Water Witch" four stroke (also a Wall) for which plans and diagrams were present. That engine was mostly complete and finished minus ignition and a couple of other small details. As payback for years of being a good friend, I gifted that engine and everything that went with it to a buddy of mine. I figured if anyone could get it running he could. This taking place only a couple of weeks ago, I am positive that not only does he still possess said plans but would have NO problem allowing me to make copies. IF you would like a set, I could make that happen.
Scotty68
Yes, that would be wonderful!
I am going to look for any of the Wall plans available, and then clean them up like I did these 4 cyl plans.
Ask him if he would be willing to lend the plans for 2 weeks. I promise to handle them carefully, and return them promptly.
(If you can get a good copy off them, that would be great, but if not, I would rather borrow them. )
I myself am very bad at computers, BUT, I am close friends with a guy at the local blueprint place, and he is the one who actually cleans up my prints. I take him a LOT of prints, as I work on a lot of antique cars, and some of them are nearly unreadable. He works with them on the computer to clean them up, then prints me a sample copy to see how they look, and then I tell him to go ahead, or just skip it. But I have only had 1 drawing in the last 5 years that he could not clean up to look like new. (I asked him once if the work for me wasn't a PITA, and his response was he would rather do work on my prints than any of the regular stuff they do there, because my prints are always really interesting.) He is exceptionally skilled, and unlike the gum-chewing teenage girls at most copy places, he is actually motivated to do a good job, as he loves old machinery.
Wait until you get your copies of the Wall plans, and you will see what I mean.
I would, of course, send both you and him a fresh copy of the cleaned-up plans, along with getting the originals back.
Kind regards;
Bill

Latest posts

Back