Elbow Engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jack.39

Reaction score
Has anyone here built an Elbow Engine? I made one up from a magazine article years ago. Two rotating cylinders each containing holes, the engine's cylinders, the rotating ones being mounted at right angles to each other, connected by "elbows", also bent at right angles, which enter the holes in the rotators as "pistons".

Really curious little thing! It actually ran on air! jack

There have been a couple of elbow engines built that I can recall, a search should bring up the posts.

Paul.

I tried to build one. I could never get the pistons to stop binding. So it looks ok, but I could never get it to run.

...Ved.

DSC00974.jpg

Has anyone here built an Elbow Engine? I made one up from a magazine article years ago. Two rotating cylinders each containing holes, the engine's cylinders, the rotating ones being mounted at right angles to each other, connected by "elbows", also bent at right angles, which enter the holes in the rotators as "pistons".

Really curious little thing! It actually ran on air! jack

A fellow from NEMES named Dave Osier built one. Polished it up, and looks and runs quite nicely.

DSC03321.jpg

Is it possible, probable, likely, or impossible, that the "elbow" concept be used beneficially in a power-producing internal combustion form? jack

Latest posts

Back