DIY Table saw tested for shop-use - OK !

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ksor,

Your DIY Table Saw has given me some idea to proceed with a small table saw to cut timber to made small boxes to hold delicate instruments that friends gave and they usually come with box missing. Going for mitred corner joins which look best over the butt joints.Also plan to make a Rotary Sander. Fotos show boxes made for Depth Gage and Mikes.
Been eyeing Proxxon Sander and Saw but they cost a bomb.
Carpentry is very relaxing and forgiving. Timber is easy to work with.I have a full compliment of Japanese Wood Planers and all with razor sharpness. Take Care.

IMG_1847.jpg

IMG_1848.jpg

IMG_1867.jpg

Last edited:
Ksor,

Your DIY Table Saw has given me some idea to proceed with a small table saw to cut timber to made small boxes to hold delicate instruments that friends gave and they usually come with box missing. Going for mitred corner joins which look best over the butt joints.Also plan to make a Rotary Sander. Fotos show boxes made for Depth Gage and Mikes.
Been eyeing Proxxon Sander and Saw but they cost a bomb.
Carpentry is very relaxing and forgiving. Timber is easy to work with.I have a full compliment of Japanese Wood Planers and all with razor sharpness. Take Care.

I plan to use it for wood too - I'll try get a little more "power" by connecting it as 3 X 240V instead of 1 X 240V with a capacitor.

Back