diesel engine with pistons for valves

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FIXIT

Reaction score
Can anyone remember the posts from that chap who designed and built a engine without conventional valves.

I've been searching for two hours with no luck so any leads would be good

Steve

Handle was Feliks, from Poland. I think the thread was/is locked. Madmodder still has most of his posts. Look for "New 4 Stroke - Without Conventional Valves".

Thanks Olli found it!

Halfrotate1.gif

Do you remember this ?

i fancy having a go at a compressed air unit that would be different

Steve

Feliks' thread here is not locked. I commend him for his efforts, he's got some good ideas. It looks like he uses that single thread to showcase all his ideas. His piston valve IC engine has got promise in my opinion, even if it is only in niche markets. I personally think he knows what he's doing.

And he also made this quote about our "love" of technology that is unsustainable.

"I know that love sometimes blinds our reason. If you loved something whole life, it is then very difficult to get used to his new love.
But it is toxic love. Here as in most cases ends and, no matter what is controlled

I think you should consider, however, that sometimes divorce is not proud, although it is not to the hand you."

I praise him and stand by him all the way, yet everyone else seems to be merely criticizing his ideas.

Kaleb said:
Feliks' thread here is not locked.

True, my bad. Eric locked his thread in Madmodder. It was going way off-topic.

Waste of time

I have been thinking that a lot of present day problems stem from the lead some of us got from petrol.
The lead was added to petrol because the exhaust valves got hot.
It was proven by sleeve and rotary valve engines (and simple two strokes)
that their octane demand was a lot less.
If one can make an exhaust valve that opens outward and is oilcooled on the inside ,mankind will be saved some further stupidity.
The energy for opening and closing must be more or less the same and holding something stationary against pressure does not take energy.
If noise is no consideration a two stroke engine with no cylinder ports and ONE central ex/in valve and fuel injection will be fun.
I will try.

Latest posts

Back