Die Holder

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BMyers

Reaction score
After making the studs for my Hoglet using a standard 2 handle die stock to thread each end of 8 parts, I decided today was the day to make a die holder for my lathe tail stock. I am terrible about remembering to take pics.
(sorry about the quality, I used a cell phone)

here I am cutting flutes in the side:
0427090904a.jpg

finished:
0427091003b.jpg

0427091004a.jpg

Well done Thm:. Funny thing, I was just thinking about a die holder as I was logging on!

I have been thinking about one for a while. Too lazy to actually make one. After I posted I went out and made an adapter to hold my smaller dies

One of them is on my
"Gona list'

I'm 'gona' make one soon. :big:

I've actually got a number of shop tools to make but haven't got any way of dividing yet so that needs to be made first.....

The dividing head and tail stock in the picture were made by me about 20 years ago. That was my very first project.

BMyers said:
The dividing head and tail stock in the picture were made by me about 20 years ago. That was my very first project.

Very nice, I wouldn't of picked it as 'home made'.
I still need to make a few smaller items before I feel confident enough to make something like that

tmuir said:
Very nice, I wouldn't of picked it as 'home made'.
I still need to make a few smaller items before I feel confident enough to make something like that
I was too young and green to know what an undertaking I had started !

Is there any chance you would have plans for the dividing head that you could post?

that dividing head was a HSM project in the late 80's by Phil Duclos. I think it is in one of the project books but I am not positive.

Back