dfx reader

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itowbig

Reaction score
ive hunted high and low where can i get a free dfx file reader. if you please. ive got a lot of these files but no way to read them.
ive googled but all i come up with is a lot of garble (ive got enough garble.) help me please :bow: :bow: :bow: may the file gods have mercy on me

Why not download a free or cheap CAD system then you can read them and modify them if needed ?

John S.

You will never find it. No such thing as a dfx.......dxf yes. Any cad program will read a dxf
Tony

cobra428 said:
You will never find it. No such thing as a dfx.......dxf yes. Any cad program will read a dxf
Tony

Are you sure. ??? ??? ???

Extension: DFX
Program and/or Extension Function AutoCAD 3D Vector Graphics Autodesk, Inc.

Best Regards
Bob

Then that's a new on on me. I've been doing AutoCad for the past 22 years and Solidworks now for the past year. Never ever saw DFX. Saw DWF. I just opened my Inventor and no dfx. When it comes to computers, I'm always wrong there's something new every hour :big:
Tony

Addendum You are right Mr Maryak, Just Googled it. I never used it. Sorry for my ignoramuses-ness

Hi i think its DXF (Drawing eXchange Format) AutoCad and not DFX, just did full Adobe search of Wiley 2007 and 2009 Bible and no DFX
SolidWorks dose not recognise DFX extension ether. :hDe:
Rob

Softdesk Drafix HOW OLD ,THATS LAST CENTURY STUFF;D
:hDe: Rob

Sid,

Another can of worms where we all learned something - did you download the reader ??? and did you get your files opened. ???

I hope we got you what you wanted.

Best Regards
Bob

PS Thanks Tony.

well i finaly got the dern file open and low and behold there was nothing in there ???. i forget that this file was on my old computer and i had removed them to a different format :wall:. but i was able to open the other files ok. thank you all.

yes i see that the dreaded can o worms opened up. oh well its good for the brain. fried worms are pretty good too :big:ya should try them.
i just looked at the file again and they were dxf instead of dfx :big:
thank you all i downloaded everything and ill try them all. :bow:

Latest posts

Back