colespowermodels corliss engine plans

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chbeyer

Reaction score
Hi,

for quite a while I try to get my hands on the corliss engine plans from http://www.colespowermodels.com but they don't seem to be interested in doing business with me or business at all :(

I just can't get any reaction from them at all. Is anyone here able to sell me the plans second hand maybe ? Or knows a different source for those plans ? Also any additonal infos on the engine would be greatly appreciated !

cheers
christoph

PS: The engine I'm talking about:

http://www.colespowermodels.com/images/pg13.jpg

cheers
christoph

I am currently building that engine from the Coles casting kit. It is a coming along well. There was a thread I started in the projects forum, but I have not added to it in quite a while.

There are some issues of bad dimensions in the plans, only a couple of parts scrapped as a result. The dimensions are all in fractions for some odd reason. A buddy of mine started as a draftsman in 1955, and said he never saw a drawing of a machined item in fractions.

I'll answer any questions you might have. I would copy the plans if you would pay costs, But it may be cheaper to buy from coles than pay the copy costs. The plans are large 24 x 36 12 pages.

Christof have you tried phoning them or just email. You will find that they will accept payment over the phone and send out the plans ( plus postage). Copying plans and selling them is a breach of copyright and can lead to fines of ten times the cost of the plans

You pretty much have to just call them. I got the casting set for the Cretors a couple months ago and after no email response I called until I got an answer. I was told their email was down.

thanks everyone :)

Seems much likely that there e-mail is down, I will try and give them a phone call. Of cause I did not intend to violate any copyrights, buying an original plan second hand is though still fully legal !

@Tom: I will have a look on your thread, thabks for the hint ! :)

cheers
christoph

Latest posts

Back