Christmas Gifts

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nkalbrr

Reaction score
What did you get for Christmas. I purchased for myself a copy of the Machinery handbook and guidebook 27th edition.Had a large % off from Borders, both books combined around $60.Also a B&S vernier depth gauge off the Bay for $10.Hope everyone has a safe and happy new year

Santa was very good to me this year!

I scored an A-2-Z CNC QCTP for my little Craftsman lathe and a stocking full of HSS.
Contentsofkit2.jpg

3inchboltinstalled.jpg

SecuringMountingbolt.jpg

Most of my Christmas gifts came early.

A new bandsaw, belt drive for the mini-mill, to name a couple.

My wife did supprise me by giving me the 27th Edition of the Machinery's Handbook as well.
She did have a little help from the lady who runs the tool crib where I work in doing that.
Also a power bar, shelving units and a case of florescent bulbs for my shop lighting.
I think I did OK! ;)

Rick

The usual socks and shorts, quite a few books (none machining related) a packet of nice Cuban stogies (I am in Canada, after all), and the 4" rotary table from CDCO which fits nicely on my Taig mill. The finish is a bit rough here and there, and there is some degree of backlash, but it is still a whole lot better than not having one!

Awh...I got various chucking reamers and an involute gear cutter I had asked for...I must have been a very good boy last year..:))

I made out real well. I was asked for a list, and a list I provided. Then various family members; sons, wife, parents, and in-laws picked everything off the list! It went something like: end mills, center drills, face plate, mill holder, dead-center, cut-off tool, quick change tool holders, boring set, mill vice, parallel bars, dial indicator and no socks.

As far as actual Christmas gifts.My Wife ( she let me buy it out of general funds instead of my tool money) got me a 10 piece gear wrench set from sears they have pretty much the same warranty as craftsman tools.
But is has been a good year for additions to the shop I recently added a hex collet set for the south bend lathe. and the library has had quite a few additions. I was also able to pick up a few items at the IF show labor day weekend.
can't complain.
Tin

Subscription to Machinist's Workshop Magazine, a "Carbide Grinder" from Harbor Freight, a Barnes & Noble gift cert (for a mach. book) and a week off from work with no travel plans or family commitments. Must've been a dream. I spent at least 35 - 40 hrs. at peace in the shop. ;D

DICKEYBIRD said:
Subscription to Machinist's Workshop Magazine, a "Carbide Grinder" from Harbor Freight, a Barnes & Noble gift cert (for a mach. book) and a week off from work with no travel plans or family commitments. Must've been a dream. I spent at least 35 - 40 hrs. at peace in the shop. ;D

Aha! Now we know the secret to your success and great projects!

Hopefully you can negotiate another week for your birthday, and a day or two for Father's day?

Best,

BW

BobWarfield said:
Hopefully you can negotiate another week for your birthday, and a day or two for Father's day?
Probably not; I'm thinking that week was due to some once-in-a-millenium alignment of the moon, the stars and astrological signs. ::) Sure was nice.

Well I finally got my Christmas present into my basement (with help of a young neighbor). After an extremely bad year, what with the loss of my wife due to Lou Gehrigs desease, I decided to take my model building to a new level, bigger and better I requested a new lathe for a Christmas. It was delivered last week and it's now in the shop wired up and running. I can't wait to get started on my next project.

IMG_0642.jpg

IMG_0645.jpg

IMG_0644.jpg

IMG_0646.jpg

NICE
thumbup.gif

That's one sweet looking machine.
Make er sing!
(And show US the results! ;))

Rick

I have that same mill, made buy Enco. Do yourself a favor, Make a head spacer for it. I added 6" and mine came alive. It's so much more useful now. I'll post a picture for you.

Later, Wes

Latest posts

Back