Christmas gifts and learning how to hand turn!

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The lathe is the standard Chinese job that gets rebadged and shipped around the world.
We pay more for stuff like this in OZ than the US and the UK but it still was only $319 OZ which isn't too bad, although the finishing on it in a couple of places is lacking a bit. But as its a wood lathe not metal lathe its not so important.

Made a second pen and used a different polish and got much better results

I have a bad habit of rushing gifts out the door before I photograph them oh well. As I said before did a 10 plus pen pencil sets over the years made a set of of solid cherry napkin rings as part of a wedding gift . And a set of Solid oak coasters. as an office warming gift. we rebuilt a trailer into offices at work. I had to bite my tough when I saw the one I gave the bosses wife used under a flower pot ,oh well it was given to her. I had to let go. I did keep one of those and have it next to the computer.

I bought several of those screw driver kits.now I just need to get the wood for the handles.

TS beautiful work I bet the owners cherish there boxes. I just get beat up boxes at the market of fleas and then clean and polish them up a bit. My woodworking tools are a bit limited.
Tin

Latest posts

Back