CDCO

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What was nice when I did the 6" 3 jaw back plate the inset fit perfect the way it came. All I had to do was mark the holes and drill them. Using the DRO on the mill worked great for that. Now when I get the 5C chuck I will have to turn down the back plate for it is 6" and the chuck is 5". And the chuck mounts from the front I think. So I will also have to tap the back plate. So like you said its got to be nuts on. By the way LMS just put their 5c chuck on sale...We will be in business real soon I hope.

Matt

Im sorry to hear about your negative experience. I guess Ive been lucky and rarely had anything like that happen. Good luck. From the comments it sounds like a man stretching himself pretty thin. Given the language issue I think Id email... :D

I just had a look at the CDCO website and nearly had....a coniption!

WOW! I wish! If I had a company here in Aus selling some of that stuff Id camp on their doorstep. QCTP and holders for $75? Im gathering bits to put aside for this project.... if the shipping wouldnt blow it out Id talk to him.... :bow: :bow: :bow:

1hand said:
What was nice when I did the 6" 3 jaw back plate the inset fit perfect the way it came. All I had to do was mark the holes and drill them. Using the DRO on the mill worked great for that. Now when I get the 5C chuck I will have to turn down the back plate for it is 6" and the chuck is 5". And the chuck mounts from the front I think. So I will also have to tap the back plate. So like you said its got to be nuts on. By the way LMS just put their 5c chuck on sale...We will be in business real soon I hope.
Matt
Matt, when you say the "inset" I assume you mean the large end that fits into the back of the chuck. The part that concerns me is on the spindle side of the backing plate. I need to step out the threads 1/2" deep by .437, but how can I do this and be centered exactly on the already threaded thru hole? How did you do that, or is your metric spindle threaded all the way to its shoulder?

-MB

001-5.jpg

002-5.jpg

003-6.jpg

004-6.jpg

005-4.jpg

Your right about the inset. I don't know, My back plates spin right on. ???

The steped out threads in picture # three, Thats the area I'm talking about. Is that the way you received the back plate? If so than maybe the 1-1/2"-8 back plate comes that way too, solving my problem.

-MB

Yeah thats the way I recieved them from LMS. They screw right up. All you have to do then is fit what ever chuck you want to them. Mine is a M39x4 thread. Didn't know the other brands of lathes had different threads. I thought all 9x19 (20) where the same just different paint.

1hand said:
Yeah thats the way I recieved them from LMS. They screw right up. All you have to do then is fit what ever chuck you want to them. Mine is a M39x4 thread. Didn't know the other brands of lathes had different threads. I thought all 9x19 (20) where the same just different paint.

Thanks for all your help! After seeing your pictures I called and just got off the phone with Chris at LMS. He told me those back plates are "made" for them to fit the 9 x 19 (20). The earlier (Taiwan) lathes came with 1-1/2 -8 threads, and the later and current (China) models are m39x4 thread. From what I understand they both screw right on over the un-threaded area on the spindle, and all that may be needed is to machine the register for the back of the chuck.

-MB

Sweet.

Did Chris tell ya he was putting my 5c chuck in the shipping box yet. Between post there I ordered one. Funny.

Matt

1hand said:
Sweet.

Did Chris tell ya he was putting my 5c chuck in the shipping box yet. Between post there I ordered one. Funny.

Matt

Sorry, no.

If I knew you had already ordered one I would have asked if it was packed and ready for shipment, and mentioned that a forum with over 3800 members was watching to see how quick you get yours...LOL

-MB

UPDATE...............After 55 days the $139.00 has been credited back. *knuppel2*

Glad to hear it. Thank you all for this warning thread.

I have had good luck with CDCO.

I have placed 2 orders and both shipped the same day.

I used the on-line order form and paid with my credit card.

Maybe I'm just lucky.

I have had 2 orders with CDCO (phone) paid with credit card. Both sent UPS and got to me each in 2 days.Talk slowly and listen carefully. I am about to make another order this week. Ray

I've ordered from CDCO and have had mixed results. They filled and shipped my order quickly but some of the products were less than acceptable. In the end it was not worth the hassle to return the stuff I did not like.

I don't know if I would order from them again. I suppose it would depend on the item I was looking for. Most certainly I would not order any cutters.

I ordered 2 boxes of items on 28th Dec. Frank did not process te order until 5th January due to holidays. Eventually arrived yesterday a delivery time of 13 days to Tasmania (Australia) can't blame the guy for the postal service.

Looked like the boxes had had a rough trip, fortunately well packed.

One item missing (Indexable turning tool set) emailed immediately and received a return email apologizing.

I am pleased with the value and quality of all the items and have placed another order with Frank.

Compared with the selection of suppliers and prices to be paid here in Aust. the guy gets a big thumbs up from me.

KenM

Latest posts

Back