Canada Day

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mklotz

Reaction score
Happy Canada Day to all our friends up north.

Whenever my computer reminds me about this event, I take a moment to reflect on the fact that our two nations have managed to live on both sides of a 3000+ mile unarmed border for more than a century in peace, security and cooperation - an achievement all too rare in world politics.

Once the sun is over the yardarm, I'll raise one in salute and the fond hope that the relationship will continue for a long time.

To our great and trusted friends to the north, Happy Birthday!! Fête du Canada

mounty.gif

Happy Canada Day to the best neighbors we could ever wish for!
Enjoy your day, friends!

Dean

Marv, xo18thfa, Dean

Thanks for the well wishes. It's great to be the neigbour of such a large country and still enjoy almost unlimited access to it's products and culture. Let us hope that we can maintain the peace, security and cooperation for many years to come.

Now that the sun is over the yardarm, I'll also *beer*

Cheers :)

Don

Happy Canada day from an old Aussie.

Best wishes,
Ian(seagar)
Coffs Harbour
Australia

My first post. I'm really still in lurk mode, but I couldn't let the good wishes go by with only one response (by Don). Thanks to all for the good wishes and recognition of our national birthday. I second Don's thoughts on our relationship with our friends to the south, and will just add thanks to all those in the land of Oz, with whom I think we have a lot in common. Long may the relationships prosper.

Cheers (and back to lurk mode)

Tom

P.S The sun's was already way over the yardarm so I partook *beer* ages ago (hic).

I've never puzzled out what the Australian equivalent to 7/1 (Canada) and 7/4 (USA) is.

Is it 1/26, the date of the first English landing at Sydney, or 1/1, the date of the federation of the individual colonies? Or is it some other date I don't know about? Perhaps our Australian friends can comment.

Knowing how the Aussies love to down a few cold ones, maybe it's both dates.

Marv

I was just thinking the same thing yesterday about our friends down under. Was also wondering about our British friends and which is there corresponding holiday. Guess I'm going to have to start a calendar to mark all these world wide holidays on.

Cheers :)

Don

Along with the other words of thanks, I include mine, as well as best wishes for your holiday on Sunday. I understand this includes a mandated extra day off on Monday, so you have two days to celebrate.

Latest posts

Back