Can you identify?

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtroy

Reaction score
Hi all

I saw this model in one of Chuck Fellows youtube videos...
I am looking for any information about this model. I do not recognize it, casting, plans or from scratch. It has a name plate, but i cant make it out.
From the video description it looks as if this was at the Portland GEARS model engine show in 2012.

Here is a link to the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYnaVW2NO_4

Jordan

1.JPG

2.JPG

Could it be his recent Bessemer engine?

Dave
The Emerald sle

Dave, this isn't a video of one of my engines. This is a video of an engine that was at the GEARS show last September. I don't recall the name or the builder of the engine.

Chuck

That is a Callahan from castings supplied by Harry Cooper. My buddy built one some years ago and it is a real nice runner.
It has some interesting features; ported exhaust, vertical fly ball governor and cam stopper side shaft. Sadly I don't think the castings are available anymore.
Here is a picture of my buddy's engine shortly after he painted it and before it was mounted on the skids.

Dave

Calahan.jpg

Alright, Thanks Guys! I knew you experts could identify it pretty quick. It is to bad they are not any available at this time!

Have you tried contacting them?:

Cooper Tool & Machine Co. No website 5181 Hwy. 78 West Coldwater Ind. Park, Oxford, Alabama 36203. 256-831-4513 / 831-4531 Casting kits & ready to run engines. 1/3 scale of 6 hp Gray, Hagan, Callahan. E-mail: [email protected]

That is a very handsome engine

Richard

Richard

I have tried calling and no answer, the 831-4531 number is disconnected. And sent an email yesterday I am still waiting. I will let everybody know if i hear from them.

Jordan

Alright I received an email back from Harry Cooper (Cooper Tool & Machine Co.):

"YES JORDAN,BUT I DON'T HAVE ANY COMPLETE KITS AT THIS DUE TO PROBLEMS GETTING CASTINGS.CHECK BACK IN A FEW MONTHS. THANKS, HARRY R COOPER"

So, he did not say for sure which casting will be advailable, but hopefully Callahan will be one of them!
Jordan

Latest posts

Back