CAD Software

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NOI53Y

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm looking at getting some CAD software but I am unsure of what to get. I see a lot of people use Solidworks but I have no idea on how much it costs. I've looked at their website and it has some great features but i'd imagine it would come at a great cost.

I like it's ability to stress test things and also run up prototypes and the like. Does any other software package offer these features.

I don't want to have to offer up an arm and a leg to buy some software ;D

Cheers,

Glenn

Looks as though it's still available at $99. I also purchased it because of the pricing.
Having had about five years with SolidWorks, I found it very easy to catch on to it.

I haven't gotten too far into the details of it yet, but there is a FEA add-in that you can get for Alibre. I don't know if you can buy it for use with the standard version, or if you will need to upgrade.

Kevin

Thanks for letting me know about Alibre. I've just jumped in and bought a copy ;D

I'll have to wait until i'm home this afternoon and download it and start playing.

For $99 it can't be to bad and seems from what i've read on here heaps of people like it. Hopefully i'll be designing stuff soon :big:

Back