Cabin Fever

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rustkolector

Project of the Month Winner
Reaction score
It is finally that time of year again. CABIN FEVER! The weather report looks great (at least for January in PA) so travel issues should be minimal this year. I am up to my knees in snow and cold right now, so a few sunny days and temperatures in the 40's will be very welcome. I hope to be there fairly early Friday for setup, shopping, and the auction. I will have three engines and a work in progress so I won't be taking up much real estate. I would like to meet a few of you guys so look for a tall white haired guy with a maroon colored Coolspring Power Museum hat, and say hi.
Jeff

Jeff, I'll be on the lookout for you. I'll probably be wearing a dark sweatshirt and blue jeans. They hide the oil splatters :big: . Downside is I'll look like everyone else.

Cheers,
Phil

I plan on having the HMEM logo 8x 10 framed sitting on my table. I will be wearing my show hat - a black rimmed Boonie hat with several Kinzer and CF pins around the edges.

This is middle front on the hat:
120px-United_States_Air_Force_Maintenance_Badge.svg.png

Also included on the hat: micrometer pin over right ear, tin falcon pin over left ear. Can't miss me ;D
Tin

'Mrs. Tin' here!!
Looking forward to seeing/meeting some of you.
NOTE: LOOK FOR OUR DISPLAY AT CF SET OFF BY RED TABLECOVERS.
We're the only ones that use red, so we're easy to spot.
(Also I'll be wearing my gray sweatshirt embroidered with multi-colored frogs!)
Always a great weekend; made even better by friends!
God Bless...........................e.

Hi all,

I plan to get there late Friday afternoon and look forward to meeting some HMEM folks over the course of the show.

Will be wearing a denim "Clarkson - Mid Atlantic" shirt, no hat, and will be hanging out and helping Tony at "Nation Builder Books" when not "drooling" around!

Have a safe trip!

Millard

I just know I'm not going to recognize people...
Mike? Who? What Mike? What's your Avatar?
(Not picking on Mike....if I wanted to pick on someone...I'd use 'Dean' or 'Vernon' or...)

I'm going to wear a Z in hopes that people will see it and still want to introduce themselves. ;D

But I'm thinking it might be helpful to display an 'HMEM' too. Hmmm...maybe that's what we need...an HMEM pin! an HMEM label! Yeah...hm....

We could come up with a steam powered tattoo gun to put it on with\o/ ;D

Then there's the question of where to put it.

The forehead, while a bit Mansonesque, isn't right because the Optivisor would cover it.

On the knuckles would work, assuming one has four remaining fingers.

All the other possibilities evoke mental images I just can't cope with right now.

Hi Guys,

Not a bad idea Zee. What about those T shirt transfers that can be printed from a computer, with the HMEM logo.

I guess it may be a little cold to br running round in a T shirt, but XXL could be worn on the outside by a majority of members.

OK you guys break out the iron.

Best Regards
Bob

You might have something there Bob! :big:
Or those Name Tags would be good to "HELLO MY NAME IS....."
Tony

I acutaly do have T shirts ith my avatar will be wearing it over a sweat shirt.
Tin

The mini-van from Maine is in York, we arrived about 6:00 Thursday. We will be at the show by 9:00 this morning. I have Mainer, a clockmaker and Brian Barker, of Mach3 software with me. Ill be mostly around the Mach3 vendor table with a new CNC router I just finished.

We also have a sign and a small memorial display for Ray Hasbrouck. Anyone that would like to show a Ray design there is welcome. It will be in the New England Model Engineering Society area.

Weather is great, should be a fun weekend

Hey Guys,
Being my first time.....is there food...coffee, cake.....hot dogs, french fries...?? After a 3-1/2hr ride I'll need a bathroom and another cup of coffee when I arrive!

Tony

Tony
Snack bar is right inside the front door. Food is typical expo, but it does fill the gap between belly button and backbone.

Steve

So Cedge, your telling me the usual bad coffee, over cooked hamburgers, burnt fries and under cooked hotdogs :big:
Tony

I'd stop and eat along the way.... but you probably don't want to miss the "Full Monte" experience. Gut bombs ala carte ....Yum.... LOL

Steve

Back