cabin fever

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elmer1893

Reaction score
for those that have been to this event
I am going to the Cabin Fever event this year, I have never been
to this show I have been going to NAMES for 6 years but cant do both
so question is where is the best place Motel/Hotel to stay, I like to be
close to the event. also let me know where a good place to eat/drink
is and since Im interested in mechanical things what is good to see close by.
I will be there from Friday through Monday.

York has a lot of good hotel choices. Rt 30 makes a partial beltway around the North and there is every chain motel known along that road. None of them are more than 3 or 4 miles from the fairground. The 'official' hotel is the Holiday Inn at the east end of rt 30, exatly at the road to the fairground, less than 2 miles. It is a bit more expensive than places like the Red Roof, or Comfort Inn, but very nice,with a full service restaurant and bar.

Likewise there are many good eating places, from every fast food chain to Hooters, Denys, Olive Garden, and a couple local places I dont recall names for. There will be a free BBQ and beer on Saturdy night for exhibitors only. During the day on Saturday Gary will walk around the show handing tickets to anyone with models on the table. I think this year he is going to return the BBQ to the York Museum of Industry, which is a great place to visit without free beer! If you have models on exhibit be sure to get your ticket, you will not get in with just a show button.

A couple nice things to see- Harley Davidson has a motorcycle assembly plant on Rt 30 east of York. There are tours every week day- not on Saturday. Well worth the couple hours it takes. East of York about 10 miles is Columbia and the National Watch and Clock Collectors Museum, well worth the tour.

This year there will also be an outside exhibit area for full size engines, tractors, steam traction engines, etc. A blacksmith and a foundry will be operating outside as well.

There are RV campsites with full hookups available as well. I dont know the details abut cost or reservation, but it will probably be on the cabinfeverexpo.com website.

On Friday, while the auction is running, we will have a series of CNC seminars, The exact schedule is not yet final, but it will include the first public showing of the new Mach4 CNC control.

For those of you that know Gary Schoenly, the show promoter, he is now a TV star! well, maybe not a star yet, but he is hosting a new TV series called Money Barn. The preview run was a couple weeks ago, and the next shows will be on Animal Planet on Feb 20. Check it out- if the ratings are high enough the show will continue.

I plan to attend on Saturday or Sunday for the day on the way home from a family gathering and fishing trip in upstate N.Y.

Chuck

Back