Cabin Fever Air Question

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dreeves

Project of the Month Winner!!!
Project of the Month Winner
Reaction score
I am going to display my air engines at Cabin Fever and wanted to know what size the air lines are so I can get what I need.

Dave

There are 3/8 NPT valves along the pipe, every 5 or 6 feet. As I recall most of them have female threads. Most guys have a short flexible hose from that to a regulator, then some kind of manifold to their various devices. Many guys have real fancy blocks, with regulators or valves for each model.

The regulator is pretty important. You will want your model to have a nice steady supply of a few pounds. The pipe pressure varies all over the place, and goes up and down as other guys add and remove load.

I would throw in a handful of various pipe parts, like reducers, valves, couplings etc. Never know exactly what you will need.

Dave,

Will you have your own table? I will be there on Saturday.

Eric

I plan I being there on friday am and setting space aside I reserve a spot for jaqueary furnroar cheapo 45 asked me to save some space .do you guys want to set up in the same area let me know how much table space you need and I will have the misses set it aside for you

Cf provides black iron pipe with 1/4 npt female fittings. I typically screw a three port adaptor to that with a couple of short hoses then qd fittings and those hook to regulators then to aquarium manifolds

my first cf I had a craftsman brand air regulator with a 1/4 npt male fiting and the other side was a small barb line and the rest aquarium tube and plastic aquarium fittings,

A list

quick disconnect air fittings. Harbor freight or auto parts store
flex hose with 1/4 npt ends
regulator(s) with proper range Gage 30 psI is good.
water/oil separator a good idea.
assorted 1/4 npt fittings
nipples
plugs
couplings
Ls
Ts
Npt - barb

1/8 npt see above

aquarium manifolds and plastic tube.
Teflon tape
wrenches.

there is a local store to me that has had a fantastic selection of brass 1/4 and 1/8 npt fittings I will probably be there tomorrow morning pm me with you cell number if you want /need help.

Or put an order in to McMaster Carr fantastic selection easy to use web site and typically overnight shipping at UPS ground rates.

Tin

I got the manifold built with pvc pipe. I have a reg and filter so I good with all that. I will pickup a few extra fittings. I will set up a table on friday. Tin If its ok I will setup next to you.

Thanks for the info

DAve

Don't forget all the poor sods like me who live thousands of miles away and post some pictures of your display once its all done and dusted.

KEn

Ken I said:
Don't forget all the poor sods like me who live thousands of miles away and post some pictures of your display once its all done and dusted.

KEn

Will get you some Ken!

Tin
I'm only bringing my "Engine Made on a Mill" and would sure appreciate a tiny spot on your table. I'll be @ the CNC seminar all day Friday and couldn't man my own space.
Thanks very much.
Stan

No problem steve. The show does not start til saterday I plan On being in the CNC seminar as well.
I am sure I can find a air line and hook you up.
Tin

I plan on setting up near Tin as well. I will have a open air line on my manifold as well. I wil be at the cnc seminar on friday see ya there.

Dave

I went to Brians shop yesterday to do a run through of the CNC seminar. I had about 6 parts to make and we went over all the setups, review the slides and CAD/CAM, etc.

Brian wanted to do a 3D part, and we worked out a real neat bit of machining. That kid is as brilliant as they come, this is going to be one cool seminar. We are going to show you how to cut a part with 1/32" radius filets with a 1/4" flat end mill.

RS_DSCN1957.JPG

Tin and Dave
Great! See you there. I'm driving up on Thurs afternoon. If anyone will be there on Thurs eve. Maybe we can get together for dinner, a beer, etc.
Stan

Ron, Thanks for all your hard work to put on this class. I cant wait to take home my new mill :big: :big:

Dave

Code:
I cant wait to take home my new mill big laugh big laugh

What, are you guys taking this just to win a mill, not to hear the great presentation by Brian and I ? ;D ;D

I got the manifold built with pvc pipe.
probably not the best Idea. PVC is not recommended for air lines. I know it should be ok for low pressure but if somehow it gets high pressure it could turn into a bomb. these are what i use quite a bit .
pPETS-9424927dt.jpg

I do have a larger version I got on line that is nicer with a 3/8 barb fitting.
I should have one like above to lend if needed.

I take the seminars to learn . Yes I would love to take home any of the door prizes .
Tormach workshops run about $240 a day so these at cf seem like a good deal.
And you will not get any poetry readings at Tormach.
Tin

Back