By way of ...

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tel

Reaction score
... introduction.

G'day all, my stage name is Tel and I've been around the traps for a while. Started modeling in 1979 when I got hold of a Myford ML7. Done a dozen or so stationary steam engines isince then. plus two locomotives (a 5" and a 3.5") plus rolling stock, tooling and a bunch of stuff too long to list here. First engine (like a lot of others) was the Stuart 10V - still running as sweet today as she did way back then. The second engine I built, and the subject of today's pic was a fabricated horizontal, 7/8" bore and 2" stroke, loosely (very) based on the Stuart Victoria. I'll go back through my pics over the next few weeks and try to post a selection of them here - bear with me, I'm gettin' old and forgetful.

Horizontal2.jpg

Still some way to go with this one - my fabricated version of the Stuart twin.

double10.jpg

Nice looking work there Tel!, keep the pix coming!....Giles

Last one for tonight - the flyball governor on my rocking valve engine - the bevel gears are just over 3/8" diameter and were cut on the Myford

rvgov3.jpg

Aw heck, one more ;D The rocking valve engine

rv1.jpg

Hey Tel, welcome to HMEM!

Stop muckin' about on the 'net and get on with Edwin :p

SignalFailure aka Paul

I would mate, only I'd probably get murdered by them lazy buggers that are fast asleep in their beds directly above the workshop :(

Single acting, two cylinder engine built from a photo.
sowengine.jpg

Thanks Mike - no it's been quite a while - think I lost my link during a computer rebuild - now you've posted it I'll have to go look in

G'day Tel.
Just when you thought you had found a site safe from me! ;D

Ian

Yo mate - nah, any twin of mine ...... ;D

G'day Paul,

This seems a good site. :) I must find out why you have called yourself "Signalfailure"? ???

If I join any more sites I'll never get to the workshop. :'(

Regards,
Ian

Bearing and crank detail - vertical victorian

mainsoilcups.jpg

Latest posts

Back