Burner Orifice

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

portlandron

Reaction score
Needing to make some orifices for the burner on a new boiler build was worried about having to drill the orifice. The smallest drill I had was .012 and wanted smaller then that. A friend suggested Misting Nozzles so looked then up and found these http://www.mistcooling.com/nozzles1224.htm the are brass and come in ranges from .005 to 020 and cost from $2.50 to $5.00.

Not wanting to wait I went ahead with the .012 drill and after three differant burn hole arraignments and enlarging the air holes sizes 14 time (upping one number drill at a time) got a good flame pattern with a nice blue flame.

I copied this from one of the other threads;
"The gas jets I use (as do the majority of UK/EU manufacturers and at least 1 American company) were originally manufactured by 'Calorgas' who eventually sold their camping gas division to 'TAYMAR'...... who were then bought out (taken over) by 'COLEMAN'.... an American company.
It is, therefore, possible that JetBoil get their gas jets from 'Coleman', with their own 'CUSTOM' markings on them...... if so then they would most likely be 1BA thread.
These gas jets are available (mail order) from the following (amongst others): -
www.roundhouse-eng.com
www.polymodelengineering.co.uk Then look under the 'BRUCE ENGINEERING' section.
sizes commonly available are: -
Number 3 which has a 0.15mm dia jet bore
Number 5 which has a 0.2mm dia jet bore
Number 8 which has a 0.25mm dia jet bore
Number 12 which has a 0.3mm dia jet bore
Number 16 which has a 0.35mm dia jet bore
All have 1BA thread."
Personally I have found enough second hand burners and small camping stoves that I could hack that I have never had to make or buy a specific one.
Regards,
Gerald.

Thanks Dave,
I had just copied and pasted from the original post, and had not checked the links as I knew I had Polly's site bookmarked. I have corrected my post.
Regards,
Gerald.

Jerry Howell used to have .006 orifice in 2 x 56 hex bolts. Jerry is in a better place now, but his son is running the business and may still have them

Latest posts

Back