Building a Factory Engine, Elmer's #41 (Finished on 2-28-10)

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well done, great thread, thanks for taking the time and effort to show us, at the risk of sounding repetitive,I am just amazed by the talent on this website. Thanks for sharing; Tad

Very nice work. I built the #33 and can appreciate all the detail you put into it. :bow:

BigBore said:
Excellent build/thread, Rick. Thanks a bunch. You have set a high bar for a lot of us. It's nice when they run but it is very special when you present them like you do. You definitely add the "sizzle" to the steak. I have finished the PDF of the build and have uploaded it to the files sections. Crazy idea but I called it "Elmer's #41 by Metal Butcher" Go figure. Thanks again.

Ed

Thanks Ed, I'm glad you enjoyed it! :)

Thanks too, for archiving a condensed PDF version of my build thread in the 'Down loads and uploads' section. The simplified access can be used in the future by members that might find the information helpful, in building their own versions.

You made a big effort to help others, and you deserve a big bow! :bow:

Thanks again.

-MB

Beautiful, beautiful work, MB! Those look like museum quality to me.

Chuck

Tad Wicks and black85vette, Thanks you for your compliments and support. :)

black85vette, I remember when you posted your build of Elmer's #33. I was very impressed with the outcome. At that time I thought to myself "I can't build that, its way to complex." Ever since then I've wanted to build the #33. It took me more than a year to gain enough experience to finally tackle the project.

Seeing your build of the #33 over a year ago, inspired me to promise myself to build it some day. And I did!

Thanks!

-MB

cfellows said:
Beautiful, beautiful work, MB! Those look like museum quality to me.

Chuck

Thanks Chuck, I appreciate the wonderfull compliment. I think that your builds will make it to the museum first! Just promise to leave some room for a build or two of mine! :)

-MB

Twmaster said:
MB, another fine looking pair of engines. Bravo!

Hi TW, thanks for the compliment! That's the last pair I'm building. The last three build threads were 'double builds' and I'm burned out a bit. Only single builds from now on. ;D

-MB

Hi MB
What an accomplishment. Great builds. Your postings are top notch and your machining is special. Congratulations Jack B.

Jack B said:
Hi MB
What an accomplishment. Great builds. Your postings are top notch and your machining is special. Congratulations Jack B.

Thanks Jack. I have this forum and all its members like you to thank!

Knowing that there is interest in my work helps me to focus on improving the quality of my builds. Its a welcome sort of pressure that helps me to perform.

-MB

#129 Today I finished both of my builds by adding the final detail. In my last picture post the cross head guides were bolted down with threaded stainless steel studs and nuts. Being miss matched I didn't like the arrangement from the beginning, but went with it temporarily while I debated the need to spend an extravagant amount for one size of screw. A box of the 4-40 x 1-1/4" cap screws is about $15./100ct, which is triple the cost of an average box of hardware I normally use on my projects. I decided to order a box at the last minute, after spending a good amount of time getting the studs set at the right height. I used them even though the proper hardware arrived in time for the final post.

Now all the hardware matches, and I'm happy! ;D

p1030352r.jpg

-MB

Great build MB. :bow: I like the paint and brass combination. I'm amazed by your productivity

Cheers,
Phil

Beautifully done on both engines MB. Wonderful pictures too!

Bill

Beautiful work MB,

they look and run great!

Much nicer Rick. I like it.
George

Latest posts

Back