Briesch Air Cooled Amanco

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mh121

Reaction score
Hello all, I have just about completed the Briesch Amanco that I have been doing for a while now, thought it was about time it was finished. Only a couple of minor jobs to do, but they are just appearance things so thought you might like to see some pictures.
This is the 1/3rd scale Air Cooled version with high tension ignition, spark plug instead of ignitor.
I have enjoyed this kit and the castings were very good with plenty of machining allowance to help when laying out for machining.
I know you all like pictures so here we go !!!!

SAM_0025.jpg

SAM_0026.jpg

SAM_0024.jpg

SAM_0023.jpg

SAM_0022.jpg

Cheers for now,
MartinH

Beautiful job Martin, and very well finished indeed!!

Bill

Beautiful, Martin very nice job. It only seems to lacking a video, to get us even more excited.
Well done

John

Martin,

Beautiful job :bow: :bow:

What timber did you use for the base ???

Best Regards
Bob

Its lovely martin
Great Job
Pete :bow: :bow:

A true work of art. Congrats !!! :bow:

Thanks all, will get a video up as soon as possible.

Bob, the wood for the base is some kind of teak, it was a couple of old door casings that someone gave me.

Cheers,
MartinH

mh121 said:
Bob, the wood for the base is some kind of teak, it was a couple of old door casings that someone gave me.

Thank you, teak is a beautiful wood. In Oz it is becoming pretty rare and expensive.

Best Regards
Bob

Maryak said:
Thank you, teak is a beautiful wood. In Oz it is becoming pretty rare and expensive.

Best Regards
Bob

Afrormosia is a good substitute for teak, but I suppose that too is now becoming pretty rare and expensive.

Just across the water from you in the land of the kiwis, they have some pretty exotic woods that may be useful for engine skids/bases.

Dave
The Emerald Isle

Well you asked for it and here it is, this was the first real run after spending around an hour setting up the latch etc.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ID9uX20dWqQ[/ame]

Hope you enjoy, now wheres that other casting kit at, let me at it !!!!

Cheers,
MartinH

Looks good and runs well. Perhaps it is just the video but it looks like the engine is running CCW instead of CW as is the usual. The engine should run either way if the timing is adjusted accordingly.

Slightly off topic but does anyone know if the Briesch engine castings have ever been bought out by someone and made available? They were all good kits.

Just an optical illusion Gordon, it does in fact run clockwise.

Cheers,
MartinH

Gordon,
The Briesch Associated Hired Man Kits are now being sold by Michael Pershinsky in PA. Both the Air Cooled and Water cooled are available. His castings are excellent quality and very reasonable priced. He is a good fellow to deal with.
PM me for his contact info.
I am not associated with Michael in any way other than purchasing two kits from him.
I have both versions and will finish machining them as soon as my surgery is done.
Lonnie

Beautiful work Martin! :bow:

Great runner as well!

Rick

Latest posts

Back