Bridge port boss 8

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

easc

Reaction score
I need a copy of the ezlink if anybody could email it to me or know where I could down load it from I can not get the machine to communicate with bob cad running on windows 7 so I'm getting another computer that runs xp with a 9 pin serial port from what I have read that's what I need

I can not help with EZ-Link but I have been running a Boss 8 for almost 30 years just using a "dumb terminal" program going into the A port of the Bridgeport in editor mode. Of course I can't drip feed but I understand that only a small number of users have been able to make EZ Link work for DNC usage. There are some dumb terminal programs that will work under Windows 7 that may work for Port A usage.
Gail in NM

I can not help with EZ-Link but I have been running a Boss 8 for almost 30 years just using a "dumb terminal" program going into the A port of the Bridgeport in editor mode. Of course I can't drip feed but I understand that only a small number of users have been able to make EZ Link work for DNC usage. There are some dumb terminal programs that will work under Windows 7 that may work for Port A usage.
Gail in NM

Ok do you happen to know what the names of the programs are that may work I'm willing to try anything at this point so I can start making some parts

I have not used any Windows 7 terminal programs so can not make a good recommendation. I have used Hyper Terminal in the past with older versions of Windows but it is not included in the Windows 7 package. If you have an XP disc then there are ways to make it work under Windows 7 by putting it in a new directory with a couple of DLL files that are on the XP disc.

If you Google "Windows 7 Hyper Terminal" then you can get full instructions as well as links to alternative programs.

The parameters that I use are:
Baud 4800
Parity None
Data bits 8
Stop bits 2

I use 2 stop bits as it works better over my 30 foot non-shielded serial cable but 1 should probably work. Connect to port A on Bridgeport. Set BP baud rate to 4800 from BP control panel using the option button. Go into the edit mode with the load/clear/edit key and press press the execute key. The BP LCD should have a * on it indicating that you are in the edit mode. To get out of the edit mode press the load/clear/edit key. When you enter the edit mode your terminal program screen should have Bridgeport Boss 8 on the screen as sent by the BP.

All this is done on Port A of the BP. EZ link uses Port B.
If you can get this far then you are almost ready to make chips.
Gail in NM

Last edited:
Ok cool I will try that I have a older pc on its way with xp pro and a nine sieral port built in so hope that does the trick and just got a copy of ez link

You should have everything you need to get it working. Let us know how you make out.
Gail in NM

You should have everything you need to get it working. Let us know how you make out.
Gail in NM

I have one ? So going through port b do I load my programs to rem or from rem

Back