Bremer & Brückmann build by casting

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hallo,
here the first 3 pattern for the drive mechanic, 5 I need. They are tested in oil - sand be for they go to the foundry. ;)When I was 3 years old I have made my first experience forming in sand.
Manfred

DSC00300.JPG

Wow, that is an incredible engine, and the little one, I'm speechless. You absolutely posses the skills for some beautiful parts.

What material are the patterns made out of?

Kel

Kel, I`m using SikaBlock for my pattern. It is a PU - material. The same material is used in the professional pattern workshops. On the lathe or the mill You get excellent results. Sometime I use the 3-D printtechnology and wood as well, depending on the model.
Manfred

Hello,

the drive mechanic is growing. One week more than the test run will tell me more.

DSC00301.JPG

DSC00312.JPG

DSC00313.JPG

Hello engineers,

this job is done. Painting and final assambling and Iam ready to start the next engine.
This last pictures give you an overview of this engine.

DSC00331.JPG

DSC00332.JPG

DSC00333.JPG

DSC00334.JPG

WOW! Gorgeous work Manfred, very nice indeed. :bow:

BC1
Jim

That's a really beautiful engine, Manfred.
And a such a great runner, too!

Congratulations! Very well done :bow: :bow:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bu_HnLGc9AU[/ame]

Great Job Manfred, and happy birthday!!

Fine lookin engine, and great sound! :bow:
:bow:

Kel

Manfred,

Alles Gute zum Geburtstag und Sie möglicherweise viele mehr.

Fantastic engine.

I looks as good as it runs.

Thanks for sharing with us.

SAM

Manfred,

What a beautiful engine. :bow: :bow:

Happy birthday 4 the 4th, (it's also my wife's birthday so yesterday was a slow day ;D)

Best Regards
Bob

thank you all

for your attention to this posts. After 8 hour's run in time the engine run with a costant speed at 600 rpm/min. The flame adjustment is one of the important points to watch.
What to doe next. It looks like a flame liker is growing in my head.

Manfred

DSC00344.JPG

DSC00345.JPG

Hello,

some more pattern for the next B & B engine. It is easier to build the parts. Drill the holes and the job is done. Last not least the baby needs a name.

DSC00350.JPG

Maschinenschild.jpg

Manfred,
Very nice patterns what process did you use for the nameplate? My guess is a Solidscape printer as they have the resolution I see in the plate.

Dan

Dan,

the nameplate is made by CNC engraving. I try tow ways 1. by casting, 2. by electrolytic procedure , first copper and than with gold. I let you know about the result.
The engine have gone through the stress test, running 5 hours none stop o.k. ready to go in "massproduction".

Manfred

Hello,

see the last castings for B & B. The Nameplate and the mechanic parts. Now I can start to build the second engine for my son.

Manfred

DSC00368.JPG

DSC00363.JPG

Back