Bremer & Brückmann build by casting

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

manfred albert

Reaction score
Hello,
this stirling motor was build in 1881 and used in small work shops. I'm going to report step by step. The drawings are to 90% ready in mm. The master pattern job is done and I wait for the casting. Today some picture of the motor.

Manfred

Bremer u brückmann 020-1.jpg

Modllbau Dezember 2006 019.jpg

Bremer u brückmann  neu 022.jpg

Manfred,
That's a very decorative engine. It should make a beautiful engine when finished.
gbritnell

This is going to be a very interesting build. I really look forward to your progress reports.

Chuck

Hi Manfred
That is one beautiful looking engine, can't wait to see the build
on this one, Thanks for sharing it with us.

ken

Hello,

still waiting for the castings. Meanwhile some picture, how I have prepared the patter for the foundry. The fly wheel need some more work to be ready for the foundry. The set price for the casting for this maschine are round about € 180,-- / USD 250,--
The spell check option is great.

DSC00244.JPG

DSC00245.JPG

Gießereimodelle Bremer & Brückmann.jpg

That will make a lovely engine. Nice work on the patterns.

Hello,

I have made redesign of my fly wheel. And shapeways is going to make a 3D print out of it. It is only half of the fly wheel, because I want to use it as a pattern. From the back side it is concave so the print price go down. This is a test to find out the quality of the 3D print business.

Manfred

3D Print Schwungrad vorn.png

3D Print Schwungrad.png

the computer down time is over and I`m on line again. That was a good time because I spend this time in my workshop.
Here some picture what I have done in the meantime. The baseplate, water cooler, top plate, cylinder and piston are ready. The burner, flame protection and the other piston are done. The rest of the pattern are send to the foundry, still waiting for the last parts. In case some one of You want to build these engine too, he can order the parts direct from the foundry. email: [email protected] www.hepako-giesserei.de

Most of the drawing job is done. If there is some one to want his one pattern I can send .SLT format and You can get your one pattern printed

The cylinder is made from hydraulic cylinder pipe 40 X 50mm, the working piston from GG 60 and the other one from AL

Manfred from Germany

DSC00274.JPG

DSC00272.JPG

DSC00273.JPG

DSC00275.JPG

Hi Manfred,

Very interesting engine and really nice patterns.

I have used Shapeways for pattern work and I was very happy with the service. It will be interesting to hear what you think about Shapeways after looking at the fine patterns you made.

Dan

Hi Dan,

until to day I have made my patterns by hand. With Sapways I have made a testrun ( the flywheel made in Alumide ) the outcoming quality is top and I agree with You the service is excellent. Alumide is not available at the time, later in this year they will start with Alumide again.
So we have no problems any more to get our pattern job done. The main problem was to find a foundry that will make us a singel part in a high quality. That was a hard motivation work, but now Hepako foundry makes a fine service and good quality for the modelengineers.
A friend of my like to build the 3 cylinder fairbanks engine, You have a idea where to get the drawings / castings for this engine?

Manfred

The Fairbanks Morse engine model was produced in 3 cylinder and 2 cylinder versions in iron and later in aluminium casting sets by Pacific Model Design, run by Bob Bromps.

Due to health and other reasons that I will not go into in public, PMD no longer supplies castings for any of the designs originally produced. As far as I know, Bob still retains the patterns for all his designs.

There may be a set of castings lying unloved under someone's bench, but then pigs might fly...

Dave
The Emerald Isle

Hello Mandred, wonderful work. I like very much the patterns. What material of shapeways did you choose for them, alumide, white detail, ...?

It will be a beautiful engine in fact.

ToniTD1490

Hello,
the story go`s on. Today I have received from the foundry new parts. All the work with the pattern went out successfully.
The engine now stand on his on legs and the flywheel was done in an hour. I have decided to make pattern for the drive mechanic too. That make things easy and fast in production. I have calculated the engine from bar stock, it is very closed to the cost of the foundry.

Manfred

DSC00298.JPG

Thank`s Dave,

I`m 71 years old and in my work shop things are get out of my control. Watch the pic, where this baby B & B came from? Is it a result of a sexual affair in my shop? ::) Or I have to see my doctor?
Manfred

Bremer & Brückmann klein 003.jpg

B&B klein.png

Manfred,

You are obviously a highly skilled craftsman.

Beautiful work.

I am looking forward to your build progress.

SAM

Back