Board track racer

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mitchg07261995

Reaction score
I've been dreaming about building my own board track racer for the last three years or so and finally everything seems to be coming together slowly.
My engine is going to be 938cc in displacement in. 90 degree v-twin configuration. I'm basing my engine around the motor described in Paul N. Hasluck's book that was published in 1906. I'm designing my own bottem end (cases, flywheels and shafts, etc.) and using the original plans from this book.
For tires I'm going to use Coker 28x2x2.25 vintage white or black tires.
So far, I've designed my frame, and for the most part, the entire crankcase.
I'm currently toying around with the idea of making my own castings for my parts and having a relative in Albert Lea Minnesota machine the engine parts.
I'm also planning on going to a gentleman here in town to have my custom frame built up for me. So far, I'm hoping to have most of the cast parts for my engine made, if not completely machined and assembled by October/November of this year so my guy can manufacture my frame.
I'll post some pictures of my full size drawings in the morning sometime
More to come,
Mitch

1/4 scale of bike. 1st draft

image.jpg

Here is a full size drawing of the bike that I finished yesterday. Wheel base is 65" and I am using 28x2x2.25 tires from Coker

image.jpg

Keep this going, looks like it will cover a wide range of skills :)

R

Hello.I found this cute 5 litre bike V-twin. Just for inspiration :)
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ND4EA0dnAM8[/ame]

Latest posts

Back