Best way to mount homing switches on an X2 mini-mill?

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobasaurusRex

Reaction score
I would like to see some pictures showing how others have physically mounted homing switches on their mini-mill. I've spent a lot of time searching without success. Can anyone help me find some or tell me the best way to do it?

I have mechanical micro-switches with a roller at the end of the lever.

Thank you,

Rob

Rob :
I have been told by experienced CNC gurus(Ie our own Ron Ginger) that they are not really needed on an x2 sized machine. That said if you download the Mach 3 manuals mill and setup it wiil give some hints and illustrations of how to.
I am stil thinking about adding them to mine as well. I have IIRC a dozen micro switches in the waiting.
some things to shoot for mount the switches stationary let the trip pads move.
mount in a way that the trip pad will pass over the switch Yes it will stop and not totally pass over. what you are looking for is the switch will not get ripped apart in the event of over travel.
and design with minimum flex in the mounting system this insures repeatability.
you should be able to use one switch for each axis.
you may find some inspiration here http://www.hossmachine.info/this guy has just about rebuilt the x-2
TIN

Thanks Tin, but Hoss' site was one of the first places I looked, along with CNCZone and Google. I found lots of information about hooking up the wiring and configuring Mach3, but no pictures except for one machine where the owner mounted them inside the table. It was a nice way to keep them clean and dry and I might follow his lead when I take my mill apart to install a one-shot oiler, but not now.

I know homing switches aren't a necessity but I've got the switches and wire and it seems like it will be pretty easy once I figure out a good way to mount the switches and ramps.

I'll share if I find some good pics.

Latest posts

Back