Bazmak- Angle T plate for the mill

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a fabricated angle plate that I use a lot on the mill
When milling the ends of long items ,I secure with G clamps
and use a set square for the other axis.When I read Rob Wilsons
thread on vise jaws I saw he had a nice vertical angle plate
I decided to make something similar but simpler which developed into a T rather than an angle,with no webs to interfere with clamping
I cleaned up 2 pieces of 100x20 flat x 130lg and cut rebate/mortoce in one
Drilled and tapped for 2 no M6 capscrews,machined a clamping slot in varios positions then prepped and welded the ends avoiding any distortion
then clamped to the table and lightly skimmed both welded ends
Very robust and dead square.We will see how much use I ge t out of it

If you mean the angle vise baseplate then there are 8 slots to pick up 2,3 or 4 fixings to existing table T slots.So far I have only needed 2 fixing points at one time
The hinge pin is 20mm sq bar with the ends turned to fit plain holes in the blocks.The holes were drilled and the pins turned to a light/int fit,bearings would be too free and not help with locking.The ends were drilled and tapped
M8 and long grub screws fitted with Wiz nuts to lock the hinge .The slotted bar also locks with M6 wiz nuts and the slotted bar is hinged on a /n M6 cap screw
which also locks.All 3 main pivot points on each side therefore lock the triangle of forces.Hope this helps regards barry

I guess I must be unusually dense tonight. Could you please post a picture of your device in use? I could definitely use any widget that helps milling the ends of long pieces in my little X-3.

Thanks in advance.:)

Very nice. To help the newbies learn (i.e. Me) could you expand a little on:
[1] the benefit from the welds given you already have the screws which could, I presume, be made pretty solid through the addition of some locking compound?

[2] which welding process you used and if that selection had some rational other than availability. It looks very clean for stick so I'm wondering if you used MIG or TIG.

Cheers,
James.

Back