Band saw mod??

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wla421

Reaction score
I am trying to find a post (with pics) that showed modifications to a horizontal band saw.

The mod was to be able to clamp smaller pieces of metal.

Photos of my saw attached.

The clamping of smaller pieces is not possible on mine at the present time, because of the head swiveling.

Any help??

George

IMG_0569.JPG

IMG_0570.JPG

IMG_0571.JPG

Hi,
I've seen a threaded hole on the left side of the moving jaw with a screw to compensate the swivelling of the jaw. Adjust the screw to equivalent thickness of the small part to saw. ;)

In the meantime, a piece of scrap with equivalent width in the back of the vise will let you cut the shorter pieces.

Here's what I did. I used the hole for the long-lost stop, and drilled my bracket near the edge so it can be swivelled clear for angled cuts.

bandsaw.jpg

Anko

That is one of the neatest solutions I've seen to the problem of cutting small pieces in a horizontal bandsaw. I have it on my priority list to make.
Thanks,
Ernie

I knew your guys would have a answer to my problem... th_wav

Thanks, I got some work to do today, since I have a spare small vice in the shop.

George

wia421: Here is a picture of how I solved the problem you are having
S3500004_1.jpg

A longer piece of angle iron to reach the same length of the fixed jaw and a hole drilled and tapped for 3/8" all thread to screw in and out to fit the size needed. This keeps the automatic shutoff switch in use.
don

You guys just rock...

Now I have to make a choice of which one to use.....

But, Now I got options.

Thanks a lot!!

George

Back