Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raym 11

Reaction score
A better picture of my avatar engine
UpshurmarinecopyLarge.jpg

Upshure Marine from Model Engine Builder Mag.
It runs real good. The valve springs start floating ~ 1200 rpm so they become the 'top end' governor. I'm afraid it would scatter with stronger springs at full throttle.

Ray M

very nice engine ray :eek:

i like the aluminum and brass they look real neat!

can we see a video of it running????

chuck

That's a good looking engine. Did you follow the plans in Model Engine Builder for the Carburetor as well?

Chuck

Bulk answer;

1)The brass base is actually the gas tank.

2)The carb is as per dwg. and works well. It even chills down and sweats when the dew point is right.(~50f)
The carb on the twin is of similar design and doesn't work as well. I just ran it on propane and no great change. When I build the 'foam' carb I'll give it a try.

3) I am going to make low resolution movies and try to upload with this Dial Up System. Any suggestions of how would be appreciated.
I would be ok with mailing existing CD if it comes to that.

Ray M

No trouble with fuel draw with the tank way down there? I always see folk recommending tank hight just below the jet.

I really like the look of that base.

raym 11 said:
2)The carb is as per dwg. and works well. It even chills down and sweats when the dew point is right.(~50f)
The carb on the twin is of similar design and doesn't work as well. I just ran it on propane and no great change. When I build the 'foam' carb I'll give it a try.

I see that the Carb does not automatically make the mixture richer when you open the throttle. Is that a problem?

Also, any theories why the Carb doesn't work as well on the 2 cylinder?

Chuck

Chuck ,
I am not sure why although one design problem is the inlet manifolds. They are the same cross section (volume) and #1 is farther from the carb. than #2. Also as All Thumbs mentioned maybe I'm asking too much pulling the fuel up from the base.

Latest posts

Back