Availability of LBSC Christmas 'Special' Designs

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steamyjim

Reaction score
Hello,

I am new here, I am 16 years old and am just beginning to use my Granddads workshop properly! I have made a few engines and am currently building a Tubal Cain Elizabeth...nothing special when compared to what you guys make, but a start!

I picked up an LBSC designed simple Steam Crane (which I am rebuilding) that came from a Christmas edition of Model Engineer, I have also seen a set of plans along similar lines by the great man for a Steam Hammer and a Steam Calliope. I was just wondering what other ones like this he did that are available. I heard he did a Stanley Steam Car and a Steam Fire Engine, but have never seen the drawings for these. If anyone has these drawings they would be able to scan in for me or, if they know of any other interesting projects like that that are a little bit different from the normal oscillating engine and boiler, I would be pleased to hear from them!

Hope you can help!

Jim

Jim,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Best Regards
Bob

PS Please post a little about yourself in our welcome section. :)

Maryak said:
Jim,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Best Regards
Bob

PS Please post a little about yourself in our welcome section. :)

Hello Bob!

I have been reading the boards here for a while, but have not yet posted...compared to the excellent modellers on here I am but a mere amateur! I have already been helped out greatly by a member on here within 10 minutes of posting - brilliant!

I shall post something about myself in the welcome section in the next few days.

Jim

Hello, Jim and welcome. I like your thought of trying some less conventional models. Pictures of your steam crane rebuild would be interesting.
Dennis

There was a LBSC 'Cracker' Christmas loco. I posted a partial scan of it somewhere on here (I think.. I can't find it now). It sort of relies on demolishing a now-rare and-collectible wind-up train to get the frame though.

Back