At last: good use for 1/8 HSS drills of dubious quality in Tryally's microtool

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ttrikalin

Reaction score
If your Graces have not seen his worship's workshop and mods, you might be happier for it. By the appellation of tryally wanders he in the vastness of the interweb; th'o his given forename is Luis, and family name is Ally. A sage, no doubt, who teaches by example, has posted many instructional films on the fabrication of devices and contraptions, of many a -dare say, mystical use .

Here is a pointer to an example of such a mystical device he called a microtool holder.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpA9FHcC3Vg[/ame]

I have shamelessly copied this design and shall post the fruits of this mischief soon.

Here's my version of His tool (mounted on the toolpost, with a tiny cutoff bit):

IMG_7185.jpg

and a closer look at the el cheapo 1/8 HSS drill bits i got from HF for $1.99 per dozen (left), a right and left hand tool (middle) with a ground flat registering surface).

Cut off with a dremel bit, and ground on a bench grinder from the depths of inland China, I do think those drill bits are now put to proper use.

Back to my Don Quixote novel ::),

take care
tom

I've watched some of the Tryally videos over the past few months. Don't know how long he's been
putting them up, but found them looking for something else. He has a lot to tell! Well worth watching.

Someone I was looking for and can no longer find is Gmark. He's just gone. Had a lot of stuff done
on Sherline machines, and I wish I could find his vids again! Anyone know what happened to him on
You Tube?

Dean

Compressed air to blow the chips off?Tut-tut! :big:
I would have used a big end mill to surface the piece,and the flycutter only to finish off.
He also runs his flycutter at a very high speed!?
I like the mill vise though.

Latest posts

Back