• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeModelEngineMachinist and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Anthony Mount Engines

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cedge

Reaction score
I purchased these two books a couple of days ago on Ebay after having priced the drawings for the engines at about $45 bucks per engine. Since there are 3 more remaining copies of each volume, I thought I would mention them here, for those who might be interested. Hopefully, mine should arrive sometime this coming week.

Steve

Anthony Mount Engines Vol 1

Anthony Mount Engines Vol 2

They are good books to read even if you are not thinking of making one of the engines, they are basically reprints of the series that were in ME & MEW and describe in detail the machining of all the parts for each engine featured.

The drawings in the book are a little on the small side but a quick enlargement on the photo copier will give a decent drawing to take into the workshop.

I'm thinking of doing the Benson vertical engine but scaling it up 50%, will use a Traction engine flywheel and the other few parts that were castings can be fabricated easily enough.

Jason

Cedge said:
I purchased these two books a couple of days ago on Ebay after having priced the drawings for the engines at about $45 bucks per engine. Since there are 3 more remaining copies of each volume, I thought I would mention them here, for those who might be interested. Hopefully, mine should arrive sometime this coming week.

Steve

Thanks for the link Steve! I bought those books. I doubt I'm ready to build what will surly be difficult and complex models, but the books will be good reading that will provide me with inspiration for advancement.

RickM..
Anthony Mount Engines Vol 1

Anthony Mount Engines Vol 2

Have recently started the Benson engine from the polly models castings and have the relevant book.From what I can see the full set of drawings are printed in the book.It's not too difficult to build looking at the drawings so far but some bits will require a bit of care and hand finishing.

best regards Steve C.

My local public library has a couple copies of "Traction Engines Worth Modeling". Larger local libraries have a surprising amount to offer model engine builders.

Just bought both of them a couple of days ago ! Look forward to flipping throught them :)

Back