Another question about avators

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bearcar1

Reaction score
What are the parameters for the avatar photo file if one wished to use there own picture and have it shown in its entirety without having to use the slider function? (physical dimensions of cropped picture) I have access to Photoshop etc. Thank you for any help in advance. :bow:

BC1

Hi bearcar

It seems that the admin here has the portion of the panel with the avatar set at a percentage of the page width (16% to be precise) rather than a fixed width. I don't know enough of of this particular forum software to pose a suggestion to fix it however.

If I maximize my browser window, the scroll function goes away (I have a 19" wide screen), however, if I shrink the width down to 788 wide, the scroll bar pops up.

You might be able to reduce your image down to 96x96 and that should get rid of the scrollbar.

Thank you Burntcav for that bit of info. :bow: I'll give it a go later and see what becomes of it.

Cheers

BC1

Hello bearcar1

The "Admin" here is using using a viewing a wide screen monitor.
I apologize for my oversight in the formatting here and will adjust it
as soon as possible.

Rick

Oh Hello Rake' (uh admin God) :bow: ;D Thank you, I don't mean to be such a bother but if you say you can 'fix' the problem than strictly at your convenience please.

Best regards

BC1

bearcar1 said:
Oh Hello Rake' (uh amin God)

Save those thoughts for the people who deserve them, like your father and grandfather.
I'm just a working class stiff figuring this forum thing out one day at a time! ;)

Rick

'just working class stiff'?

What this country...any country...is made of. I love it.

I'm sorry Steve, I guess I just got carried away.

BC1

@rake: my apologies to the context of my last post. My everyday job sometimes comes through in my posting style (very to-the-pointish)

I'm an admin for a couple phpBB forums, so I feel your pain on the learning curve :)

Latest posts

Back