Another Newbie Checks In

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beachside_Hank

Reaction score
Hello all, retired furniture and cabinetmaker here, had a sole- proprietor business in Illinois for 30 years, sold it and moved down here to sunny Florida in 2000, just in time for the year of the hurricanes, but suffered no loss while living a stones throw from the Atlantic. The ocean can do funny things like that, I served in the U.S. Navy from ’69- ’73 as a Boilerman on a tin can. Black Gang, a Snipe, call us what you will but I got hooked on steaming a 600 P.S.I. boiler cooking up several hundred degrees of superheat and zipping along at 30 knots, with the forced draft blowers screaming to feed the fires. I’ve had a yen to relive that somewhat in miniature now that I can afford it, so I’m tooling up, beginning with a Sieg- built MicroLux 7x16 lathe, and goodies from L.M.S.

Of course a furniture maker must build his own workbench so here’s my setup for the lathe workstation in my garage:
LatheStandOpenSmall.jpg

LatheStandPegBoardSmall.jpg

Thanks for looking, I'll be posting later.

- Beachside Hank

Welcome, looks like a nice work station. The pull out shelf is a nice feature.

Welcome aboard Shipmate! And, thanks for your service. I'm also former Navy (88-96). But, I did my time under the surface.

Looks like you've got a nice shop. This is a great forum, and there is a lot of knowledge to learn from here.

Todd

Latest posts

Back