Another Aussie joining in

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

js2112au

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just wanted to say hi and a big thanks to the admin for getting my registration email stuffup fixed.

I'm from the south-east bayside area of Melbourne.
I started tinkering with metal machining over Christmas after inheriting a sizeable collection of tools, workbench, etc last year from my late father. I added to the mix a mini lathe, mill/drill, Mig welder and air compressor, and now I'm having buckets of fun starting out making model engines and other god-knows-whats.

My background is electronics and I'm a computer network engineer by profession.

My first steam engine - a little "David" steam engine off the web worked perfectly first go and was hugely satisfying because:
1/ there were no static sensitive components to be careful of, failures due to dry soldering joints or not quite compatible substitute IC's or transistors,
2/ a steam engine when started running doesn't suffer from fatal exception errors, insufficient memory or blue screens of death. The closest I'd get to a disk error is the flywheel being out of balance!

Anyway, I look forward to what I can learn, share, and possibly impart here.

James.

Welcome James,
It's always good when things work first off, isn't it. I also have an electronics background and it's good to have something that does not have to "boot up" and then be upgraded to the latest version before it works properly.
Ian (from Scoresby).

Hi James
its great to hear from another aussie ;D

Welcome from someone just a little north of you.

G'day and welcome.

Sounds like you've got hold of some nice new toys and put them to use. I'm a bit north of you in Mildura.

Cheers,

Nick

Thanks for the welcome.

Global forums make distance irrelevant but it's still nice to hear from people who are "in the neigbourhood". :)

James.

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Best Regards
Bob

Well I'm not in your neighborhood James...but a hearty welcome just the same :)

Bill

Hi James, another welcome here. Glad you joined us. ironman (Ray)

Back