...and by the way, hello

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

student123

Reaction score
Hmmm... looks like I forgot to say hello 9 months ago!

I have a Taig (aka Peatol) lathe, a cheap & cheerful drill press, a Dremel multi tool & a gaggle of hand tools.
Based in the West Midlands in central England.
I took this up as an avenue of learning, back in Sept. last year.
Zero experience when I started. I did computers, electronics & robotics at college at different times. Don't ask me how I managed to build a robot with zero mechanical engineering skills, but I did.
Another indirect but relevant interest is in the history of technology along with the industrial revolution.

Found this great site, with a great bunch of guys. Try to contribute where I can.

Currently on my 2nd attempt to build an oscillating engine, as a first engine. Learning...learning...

Mike

Mike,

It might have been a while before you came out of the cupboard, but if you need physical help, like making bigger bits that your machinery can't cope with, or just a good gum beating session, there are quite a gaggle of us not too far away from where you are.

Stew and myself are only an hour away up the M6 (Junction 16) from you in Crewe , so don't think you are alone in what you do, and we get a few other members calling in on us as well.

John

Bogs & Tin,

Sorry for any delay in replying, been in the shop for chunks of today.

Tin, thanks for the official stamp!
John, thanks for the offer of possible face to face help at some stage.
A few years back I did amateur radio & dropping in on each other 'shacks',
just to see what's cooking & chew the cud was part of the fun.

Mike

A belated welcome to you Dave.

Rick

Latest posts

Back