An unexpected mini bonanza

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twinsquirrel

Reaction score
While visiting one of my customers today one of the young mechanics came out and produced a box of lathe tools saying "my mate was throwing these out and I thought of you.".... What a nice bloke.

There is a layer of light surface rust on everthing but the cutting tools all have their wax coating on the tip,they are mostly unused and are all marked up as "allenite, sheffield, england". Also in this pic are 3 boxes of carbide tips all brand new but I'm not sure which holder they will fit triangular ones are marked tpg 222 and the round profiling tips are marked ccbz 300.

PICT0009.jpg

There is also this little compressor which looks hand made to a reasonable standard.

PICT0012.jpg

and this compound slide, I have no idea what machine it was removed from? I'm wondering if I could use this as a basis for a rudimentary vertical slide?

PICT0011.jpg

Nice bloke indeed!

Nice Score!

Looks like a very great score! And the price was superb.

Looks like that compound has tee's on the bottom. I'll bet you could bodge up a decent milling attachment for your lathe with it.

Yep, you could put together a very credible milling attachment with that. As for the other stuff - if storage space becomes a problem, send it all down 'ere and I"ll look after it for you for a few years.

Latest posts

Back