All fabricated Rider-ericsson hot air pumping engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

modelman1838

Reaction score

Hi all I thought i would try and post you a picture of my latest engine, rider-ericsson hot air pumping engine
rider-ericssonhotairpumpingengine2005.jpg

rider-ericssonhotairpumpingengine2004-3.jpg

rider-ericssonhotairpumpingengine2001.jpg

Edit by Lazylathe and Dsquire

Hi Model man!

Looks great!!!
How about a video of it running??

I will fix your post quick!
Got to be careful of the brackets! ;D
Andrew

Edit:
Thanks for the fix LazyLathe.
Fix moved to above post of modelman1838 by Dsquire

Modelman,

A very nice clean looking engine you have made there, a real credit to you.

Can anyone tell me where to buy plans for this exact engine and pump system, or one very close to it?

I have a very long term project that requires a self fired ornate type of engine such as this, to circulate water through another engine.

John

Modelman,

What a lovely build. You have done a great job of that engine. I would love to make something similar when my skills catch up with my ambitions a little.

John,

I believe there is something similar outlined in ET Westburies A Practical Treatise on Hot Air Engines. I will check it over when I get home.

Edit: No it isnt.... the one described in that text is a henrici style engine. I see wood guy has provided the correct source for the plans, I'll be hunting down a set as well I think.

Cheers,

Nick

:bow: :bow: :bow:
Nice engine you have there! as it is the latest what are some of the previous ones?
Brock

Very nice!!

Very Nice Modelman,
I have been considering fabricating this very engine myself. I would be very interested, as I am sure the rest of us would be, if you could post some build pictures, and a video of it running. Truly top quality work ---I love it!!

John

This engine can be found in Steam and Stirling Engines you can build Volume 1. It includes plans for fabricating the firebox from sheet metal.

Very nice Engine.

Bogs ME also recently ran a series on building a very similar engine, probably a bit smaller judging by the photos. I saw it running at the Guildford show and it was a nice smooth runner on ceramic burner about the size of a cube of sugar.

J

you mention this is all fabricated, I know the original plans in S&S book one is based on castings. can you show photos of some of the more interesting fabrication or even the boring ones for that matter.
Tin

Beautiful workmanship! I look forward to see it running,Modelman.
Stew

Great engine. And it has an authentic look to it like it was made from castings.

Back