Air compressor problems

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bemac50

Bill M.
Reaction score
Hi guys I have a Campbell Hausefeld small air compressor in my shop for some reason the outlet gage only increases when I turn it on the tank gage stays at zero? I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience and might shed some light on this for me. The compressor is past its warranty date.The tank gage should go up to max air pressure and I should be able to set the outlet gage to where I want it don't know whats wrong?
Bill M.

Sounds like the system has a small leak that the tank does not hold air and the tank gauge is bad. Try replacing the Gage.
Tin

The outlet gauge would not rise if the compressor were not pumping so we know the compressor works. If the tank gauge does not indicate then I would suspect the tank gauge is faulty. Replace it and let us know.

thanks for the replies I guess I was worried it was dangerous to use the compressor but it does work so when I get a chance I will replace the gage.
Bill M.

thanks for the replies I guess I was worried it was dangerous to use the compressor but it does work so when I get a chance I will replace the gage.

Bill M.

The danger would come from the pressure switch not working and any safeties failing to also work. A plain pressure gage would not be a problem. That being said I'd install a new gage as it is always useful to have a tank gage.

good idea to inspect the safety blow off valve. pull on the ring to insure it is not stuck, make sure the spring reseats the valve and the valve does not leak air after reseated. if it fails any of these tests replace it. Also check the drain cock and drain condensate after each use.Also try to track down any source of a leak.
tin

Latest posts

Back