aa-Jaws for the bench vise

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have just read the thread on replaceable vise jaws by Rob Wilson
The idea is good , the workmanship and presentation are excerlent
My congratulations Rob,and it pushed me to help solve the same problems
Unfortunately I have a small workshop with only room for one vise
a good quality 3" Record that I have had for many years.I can either use the serrated hard jaws for gorilla grip where marking the job is not a problem or use the aluminium angles with the famous problems.I thought I would use unhardened steel x 4" wide and (for now use the existing CSK screws)
I started with an 8" length of 30mm Rebar and milled to nom 25x16 section
Cut in half,machine rebate etc and drill and csk.Light skim of the vise and then the jaws in situ.I can always go to the T nut fixings and maybe different jaws later if needed.Lools good and so far works well

It's good to see creativity in action. I just need some boredom time to get me going. Kids today turn to their cell phones and social media when bored which I think is a big mistake. They don't have the time to be creative.

Our role now is to provide examples of creative thinking. At least that's my objective for our grandchildren and it seems to work. When they come for a visit their Mother insists that they bring an idea for a project and together we make it happen. I can see pride being shown all around.

We have a worthwhile mission.

Very nice Bazmak

Thats a cracking finish you got on those jaws .

Rob

Latest posts

Back